By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 2 reveal today!

Fei-Hung said:
Insidb said:

Or noooooooooo lol!

True. I've joined lfg groups where there are a few what sounded like 8yr olds who were super whiney. However, most my experiences have been positive. I've joined a group at the moment that has this American family (sons around my age, a daughter, brother in law and their father), and they are the most wonderful family I have come across. They play destiny together as a family activity. I feel like I've been adopted by them. Hopefully with the clan system we will have more pleasant experiences. 

That's awfully nice: my clan has gradually dissolved. LFG for raids is way too hit-or-miss, though.

Around the Network

The more i see it, the more it feels like DLC rather than a full fledge sequel.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Superman4 said:
shikamaru317 said:

The mistake is probably on my part.  I only played the beta for the first game and didn't like it. I just assumed the 3 new "classes" they showed were what you were looking for, since they had their own unique ablities. 

If you only played the Beta, you missed out on an outstanding game.

The beta level capped you at 10.. Or was it 8? The base game capped you at 20. Na, they got a pretty decent idea of what a grind fest this game was going to be.

I on the other hand bought the base game and expansion 1 and 2 on day one. I was an absolute fool for falling for the hype. I will say that I loved the crucible... Outside of supercharged "noob friendly" free kills... Anyway. I'll consider picking up the game when it's "complete" edition releases.

shikamaru317 said:

That sucks. At the very least I hear the PC version plays well, from some people who got to play it after the event. Even at medium settings it apparently looks better than the PS4 version, and it controls well apparently. Only issue is there is no FOV slider in the current build, though apparently Bungie told people at the event that it will be added before release. 

I saw some people on Twitter wishing they would pull a GTA V, where it looks far ahead when turned up to max, though I also hope they don't make it too demanding, especially given how it has to work on current gen.

I'd like for them to drop a rough date as to when it will land, because if it's going to be Q1 then I'll pass, if it's a week or two later then I'll sit by and watch performance benchmarks and how well it holds up quality wise. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Couldn't even make it past the 2 min mark on the gameplay reveal. So boring, generic and tedious. Looks no different to the first.

Around the Network

Also, listening to what they're saying "omg guys! a whole new raid!"

.......sooo, just one? Again? Didn't learn anything from the first game at all then. One major end game activity (now easier, because by their matchmaking logic, it'll be dumbed down) is simply not even close to enough. Frankly, it's insulting.

And wtf are these "new" sub classes? Arc Strider? That's the exact same fucking thing as we had in the first game, except you whip out a staff instead of knives....big whoop. That Titan fire sword shit.....just a beefed up versions of swords you had in the last game too. I mean honestly....could you try just a little?

There's no game that I look more forward to this year than Destiny 2.

Hell, I'm still playing Destiny 1 after 3 years of owning it. Fuck buying the expansions when they release,
just wait until the following September when you can pick them up with the yearly update.

I came back to playing Destiny about 1 month ago after having taking the last 7 months off from it.
In that time, I've played Killzone Shadow Fall, Mad Max, Battlefield 4, and Watch Dogs 1.

All of those games sucked compared to Destiny, in fact, I haven't completed any of them - but I could care less.
I've already deleted BF4 from my PS4, and the other games will be gone soon enough to make room for D2.

I might get it on pc, is there gonna be an open beta or do you have to pre order it?

EDIT: Nevermind found it,there's gonna be an open beta later.

Wait, four three new planets?

You funny Bungie. And you say the Earth region is the biggest thing you've ever done at around 2x the size of a Destiny 1 area......those areas weren't even remotely big. Nevermind that half of them were nothing more than pathways to the next spot where shit actually happened. And so since that's the biggest you've ever done, naturally the 3 new worlds are all smaller than that. Nice. Hype!

This place is a salt mine.

Also, new hunter class = poledancer