By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 2 reveal today!

Being tied to Blizzard's Battle.net is a neat middle finger for PC buyers.

Around the Network
SmileyAja said:

Tying any game to any platform is a middle finger for gamers.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Well, I have nothing else to watch today, mind as well watch this.

FunFan said:
SmileyAja said:

Exactly steam or origin to me is no different.

Acevil said:
FunFan said:

True, but a good majority of PC gamers use Steam, while I didn't even know Battle.net even existed up to today. Better than nothing I guess.

Around the Network
SmileyAja said:
Acevil said:

True, but a good majority of PC gamers use Steam, while I didn't even know Battle.net even existed up to today. Better than nothing I guess.

That's just you. In truth Battle.net was a very popular multiplayer service way before Steam even existed. It makes sense for Activision to put their games exclusively on Battle.net. Time to move CoD there too.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Acevil said:

They are both clients to me, but both of them serve a different set of customers as well as different services (Origin has zero modding community for example and doesn't want one).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

was anyone else bothered by the weird pauses during the presentation that acted as an implied "please clap" ?

I think it's awesome when the crowd organically responds with cheering when they like something, but this felt forced at several points

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Captain_Yuri said:

+1

This is a perfect example of fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...

and when is the last time you played it?

Lafiel said:

was anyone else bothered by the weird pauses during the presentation that acted as an implied "please clap" ?

I think it's awesome when the crowd organically responds with cheering when they like something, but this felt forced at several points

Yeah I think i noticed that too, specially near the matchmaking speech, like it's some sort of revolutionary concept

That being said, this gif needs to be edited with a bungie logo

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian