By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Does Shovel Knight Get Good?

After a few worlds.

Around the Network

when you get gud

I had that same problem, I tried getting into it twice and was only lukewarm on it, but I decided to give it another shot on the Switch anyways and for some reason it finally just clicked.
(I changed my Shovel Knight into a badass blue lady knight so idk if that helped :P)

I've put over 30 hours into it so far and am on NG+ now and still having fun with it. I'd say it really opens up after the first 3 worlds.

People still think its cool to be a rebel and go against popular opinion? Ok then

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Ultrashroomz said:
It never got good for me, Shovel Knight from beginning to end felt like a nostalgia cash-in where all you do is hold down to win, so yeah...

I knew that I'd find you here!

Personally, I really liked the game. However, maybe the game's just not for you? It's not like you haev to like every game that gets critically acclaimed!

Around the Network

If you didnt like it, then give up.Its simply your taste.This game is excellent from the moment you begin.If it didnt click right away, iit wont click now.But I do recommend you keep playing.The game is that good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It will get good in the universe where you don't post needless topics. Play a game you like, and don't bother us with meaningless questions.

It gets good once you start a thread questioning it and then forget about playing the game because you are more entertained by people defending it picking arguments with the ones agreeing with you.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Helloplite said:

It will get good in the universe where you don't post needless topics. Play a game you like, and don't bother us with meaningless questions.

Almost all topics are needless, if you have such a low opinion of this thread maybe stay out of it. I would certainly have appreciated you doing so. "DON'T POST WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT A VIDYA GAEM ON A VIDYA GAEM SITE!"

For the record Shovel Knight didn't do it for me either... I also couldn't get into Witcher 3... I loved No Man's Sky though.

*digs own grave*

For what it's worth, I didn't like it after the first the stages either. I decided to stick with it, though, and it was right about where you are now that it clicked for me.

I was having trouble with it and became frustrated (there was much cursing), but ultimately it was satisfying to get used to the gameplay and actually feel like I was getting better. Now I absolutely love it.

The BuShA owns all!