By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan wake is being removed from xbox/steam after 5/15. (Remains in library)

VGPolyglot said:
TruckOSaurus said:

My husband wouldn't allow that. Even now, I can see his disapproving stare at my PS3 that I keep plugged in only in case I want to play my old PS3 games.

What, is he not a gamer?

He's pretty casual when it comes to gaming.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
VGPolyglot said:

What, is he not a gamer?

He's pretty casual when it comes to gaming.

I see. It's not a problem that I've had to deal with myself, though!

TruckOSaurus said:

My husband wouldn't allow that. Even now, I can see his disapproving stare at my PS3 that I keep plugged in only in case I want to play my old PS3 games.

You should totally condemn that attitude by buying a lot of used consoles and hooking them all at once.

I imagine it will eventually return as a remaster.

MS doesn't own it so they can probably rerelease it on Playstation 4 at this point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Alan Wake's jacket is still the most impressive thing from that generation.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
SegataSanshiro said:
ROFL! Digital distribution is the future guys!

It is--if you already have it. Unlike the original print, there wasn't a limited number of copies. We'll still be able to download it if we delete it.. We just won't be able to buy it new.

Yeah and anyone who wants to buy it online...well shit outta luck. So again digital is shit once again.

Interesting. It's a good thing I own it already. By the way, it's also removed from other stores, such as GOG.

Bandorr said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Isn't it one of the Xbox One BC games too? Since they kind of act like downloads does that mean if you don't buy it before then it won't work on BC either?

It is one of the BC games. As for the second part? Interesting question.

Seeing as it remains in the library after purchase, I assume if you buy the physical version that will still install. Wonder if that is answered in the twitter exchange.

Even if a Game or DLC has been removed from the store, if you have purchased it, then you can redownload it as many times as you want.

Same goes for Steam, if a game is removed from Steam it stays in your library forever and you can keep redownloading it.

If you have a Key then it should still activate just fine. This is just removing new purchases that's all.
Even the removal from Steam doesn't mean that Key sellers won't have a heap of keys in stock to sell over the coming years.

SegataSanshiro said:

Yeah and anyone who wants to buy it online...well shit outta luck. So again digital is shit once again.

You haven't been able to buy it new, Physical for I don't know how long.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

zero129 said:

Any new and not 2nd hand physical copys will at some point run out as the publisher no longer prints any new copys.

This is no different then here. If you already own the game you can still download it. Sucks that the issue couldnt be fixed so anyone who did want the game can buy it. However in a case like this im ok with them users going the route of piracy just like im ok with users buying 2nd hand games..

You will still be able to buy it brand new digitally on PC for years to come.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Good news is that it won't be removed from Ebay. Physical FTW!