By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anyone still mad that Zelda Breath of the Wild released so late?

Speaking as someone who was outspoken in their annoyance over this game's delays, no, I'm not angry any more.

The wait may have been agony, especially given Nintendo's dishonesty and lack of communication, and I'm still not happy with how the two years leading up to its release played out, but at least we still got it on Wii U, and it's one of the finest video games I've ever played. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Not mad, but sad it didn't release as supposed, when the Wii U needed it.
Obviously it was good for it, the game is selling like hot cakes for the Switch, but it should be doing that for the Wii U, not the Switch.

Unfortunately, by the time we saw more gameplay at the Game Awards in 2014, the Wii U wasn't going anywhere and didn't have enough momentum to build confidence in its future. Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, DKCTF, Bayonetta 2, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (except Europe and AUS) all released in 2014 and even these games couldn't garner enough momentum for the Wii U. Then when you had the mobile announcement along with the NX in the same press conference as the collab with DeNA and the delay of Zelda, those became signs that the Wii U wasn't gonna stay for too long. We didn't necessarily know that yet at the time, but I think it became more apparent once E3 came and went with Nintendo not standing out as most would have hoped after their great performance the prior E3. Sure, Splatoon caught the world by storm and Mario Maker was a hit itself, but the clock started ticking for the Wii U, unfortunately. Whether its wrong or right, it is what it is.

Was never mad as I never get mad about delays, means the game will better and there's always other games to play in the meantime. Nintendelay was already at full force before the 1st Zelda delay so it wasn't too shocking.

Boberkun said:
Nintation360 said:

Is anyone still mad that Zelda Breath of the Wild released so late? 

Release date doesn't really matter, game turned out to be bad anyway.

Your opinion is wrong and you are now exposed as a person with wrong opinions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mar1217 said:
Pavolink said:

Your opinion is wrong and you are now exposed as a person with wrong opinions.

Boy, that was straight to the point !

And, here it is echoed by Dr. Zoidberg:

Around the Network

It baffles me when people say Zelda's world is empty. It's absolutely teeming with stuff; wildlife, enemies, roaming mini-bosses, shrines, collectables, hidden treasure, puzzles...

So it is all about you?

Maybe Nintendo should have released it 15 years ago to accommodate my free time lol.

Honestly it made sense from a business perspective to do it. Look at the results it's attach rate is higher than the number of switch cosoles sold.

i guess next time Nintendo release a major title they should write to every single potential buyer to ask when would be a convenient time to release it so this horror never happens again.

mushroomboy5 said:
i guess next time Nintendo release a major title they should write to every single potential buyer to ask when would be a convenient time to release it so this horror never happens again.

No, but it would be nice if in the future they were more honest, transparent, and communicative.

No. It got released on a much better system that won't pain me to play or just use in general, once I get around to it.