By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anyone still mad that Zelda Breath of the Wild released so late?

I went from caring to not caring about the game.

Around the Network

No because I am playing it now and when it was released back then I would have been playing it back then and not anymore now. I rather play things now. In fact, next year I'll probably wish that it had been delayed to 2018 so I can be playing it at that time instead.

Moreover, obviously had they released it as early as in 2015 this game wouldn't be half the game it it today.

Not really. It would have done nothing to change Wii U's fate, and while I'm not a Switch owner, I see the value of giving Switch the best possible start because I want Nintendo to remain a platform holder.

On top of that, 103 hours is the longest I've ever spent on a single playthrough of a Zelda game, and I think it's one of the absolute best games I've ever played. Worth the wait, and I look forward to playing it again on Switch sometime.

Is this some sort logical lapse that infects exclusively Generation Y (Millennials)?

How can you get angry at a company finishing their product before releasing it? How is that at all logical?

Then here's the typical millennial entitlement: "Because it was late, I'm in University now. The game didn't release to fit MY schedule! That's just not acceptable!"

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Is this some sort logical lapse that infects exclusively Generation Y (Millennials)?

How can you get angry at a company finishing their product before releasing it? How is that at all logical?

The reason it's not logical is because you had a millenial-esque logical lapse. It should be getting angry at a company for not finishing their product on time.

Anyway I'd be surprised if many at all that were mad still are. Anger at delays always dissapears after the release. Once it's released the cause of anger and negativity, (the wait), is gone.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Yes, Breath of the Wild is an awful, broken mess of a game. 3/10 at its best. Can't see where the hype comes from at all.

sigh...

4/10 as a LoZ game. Threads like this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226761&page=7 sums up pretty much everything that wrong with BotW. This game is biggest disappointment for me.

Boberkun said:
mZuzek said:

Yes, Breath of the Wild is an awful, broken mess of a game. 3/10 at its best. Can't see where the hype comes from at all.

sigh...

4/10 as a LoZ game. Threads like this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226761&page=7 sums up pretty much everything that wrong with BotW. This game is biggest disappointment for me.

Huh? It's got a 9.7 to 9.8 average and is is one of the greatest games ever made.

http://www.gamerankings.com/switch/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Huh? It's got a 9.7 to 9.8 average and is is one of the greatest games ever made.

At the moment when all the reviewers blatantly ignore bad dungeons, bad bossfights, retarded plot, lack of music, lack of unique items, empty world, terrible perfomance -  you realize that something goes very wrong with game journalizm.

tl:dr I don't give a fuck about what reviewers said. This game is worst LoZ ever alongside with Majora Mask. It barely represents heart and soul of Zelda games - temathic dungeons with unique items and bossfights.

It is game of the gen, and we have it now. There is literally no reason to be upset.

Plus I doubt it was even close to ready in 2015 anyway.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Boberkun said:
Jumpin said:

At the moment when all the reviewers blatantly ignore bad dungeons, bad bossfights, retarded plot, lack of music, lack of unique items, empty world, terrible perfomance -  you realize that something goes very wrong with game journalizm.

tl:dr I don't give a fuck about what reviewers said. This game is worst LoZ ever alongside with Majora Mask. It barely represents heart and soul of Zelda games - temathic dungeons with unique items and bossfights.

As someone who owns and has played every Zelda game ever released, I 100% disagree with you.  BotW is GotG and one of the best Zelda games ever made.

The lore was a lot deeper than you give it credit for, you just have to look for it, cause ya know...EXPLORATION.

The dungeons were great, though I would have liked to see more traditional dungeons personally.

Empty world...have you even played the game?

And boss fights were pretty good actually.  The real problem here is how OP you become after you get 3 star gear or higher.

The game is a true masterpiece.  If it is not you cup of tea fine, even masterpieces cannot please everyone.  But to say it does not represent Zelda is laughable.

Just my 2 cents.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261