By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anyone still mad that Zelda Breath of the Wild released so late?

The game wasn't done in 2015. That is a fact. Why would you want an unfinished game? And why are you mad that Nintendo finished their game? Seems kind of silly.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Not really, it's a great game and a good for the Switch launch so it's fine

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've no strong feeling either way, though i suspect the people mad that it didn't release in 2015 would have been MORE mad if it had released in 2015 and was a bad game.

If it was released in 2015 I'm sure it would have been a mediocre game at best with a high chance of been bad. The I'm more upset that it didn't release in 2016 when it was ready.

It doesn't bother me because it turned out to be so great.

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

Is anyone still mad that Zelda Breath of the Wild released so late? 

Release date doesn't really matter, game turned out to be bad anyway.

It irritated me, but I've been accustomed to waiting through delays for Zelda titles since Ocarina of Time.

In the end, given how much it has helped the Switch's launch, I'd be willing to wait a second time in retrospect. I have to imagine they were able to add a LOT of content over that stretch of time too.

Obviously, they almost certainly knew they were just flat out lying about most (if not all) of their projected release dates, as it was probably no where near done when first shown and I imagine later in development someone realized it would be the perfect launch title for the Switch. That bothers me some, but let's be honest, it's something almost everyone does (I'm currently waiting on Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord, that was supposedly going to be out last year but we've not yet received a launch estimate update).

No, but I would definitely be if game isn't great (and actually one of best games ever).

nope since it was worth the wait.

BOTW is so good that any animosity I felt toward the delay has totally gone.