By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware (04/01/17)

Kerotan said:
NATO said:

More accurately, switch sales in decline.

As you would expect, post launch window, personally I think it's going to settle at slightly higher than Xbox One numbers.

With demand currently a fair bit higher then supply it shouldn't be settling at xbox one numbers anytime soon.  That wouldn't be a good number. 

only time will tell but i estimate it will hit that pace by july, keeping in mind vgcs numbers are still a good 6 weeks behind

Around the Network

I think that in the following months, PS4 will sell slightly better than the Switch, but Switch will have huge boosts in the weeks when an important game is released.

NATO said:
Kerotan said:

With demand currently a fair bit higher then supply it shouldn't be settling at xbox one numbers anytime soon.  That wouldn't be a good number. 

only time will tell but i estimate it will hit that pace by july, keeping in mind vgcs numbers are still a good 6 weeks behind

6 weeks behind that is true but we all know that in the present time Switch is still severely supply constrained in ALL major territories. As for your prediction, you really think sales are gonna drop that low during the Splatoon launch window? You really need to think before you post. I doubt Nintendo will have even caught up with demand by Splatoon launch.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Ps4 almost reaching first!

Switch is gonna be huge. It's selling without much, imagine when Mario hits or Mario Kart which is already out but not being tracked yet.

I just love getting new updates! WE made it to April!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
NATO said:

6 weeks behind that is true but we all know that in the present time Switch is still severely supply constrained in ALL major territories. As for your prediction, you really think sales are gonna drop that low during the Splatoon launch window? You really need to think before you post. I doubt Nintendo will have even caught up with demand by Splatoon launch.

Thanks for the assumption, but I've been paying close attention, thanks.

While it's true that there is still supply constraint issues and Nintendo are lagging behind Sony in terms of restocking to remedy that at launch, demand will eventually level out to a point where supply exceeds that demand, and looking closely at the supply constraint versus demand of all consoles since sixth gen, I came to the conclusion that Switch will reach that point by July, where stock will be available and the device will be averaging 100-150k per week, with the exception of major title release spikes, as expected for any new console, and as illustrated by weekly sales numbers for consoles in their first year.

So, want to revisit that "think before you post" nonsense?

SpokenTruth said:
Rem87919394 said:

Nintendo always does this with their stock. That excuse is getting old. Either way Sony is still doing great with all the new system Switch buzz. Stevie Wondet can see that lol

So shipping 2.75 million units is one month is how they always do it with their stock?
Increasing production by 750,000 units in one month is how they always do it with their stock?
Breaking their own sales records is how they always do it with their stock?
Air lifting extra units at $45 per unit is how they always do it with their stock?

I get it.  When Nintendo sells out, it's intentional supply constraints to generate artifiical demand but when Sony sells out, it's component shortages and true demand over supply. Right?

If Stevie Wonder can see it, Hellen Keller saw it, heard it and told you to stop.

LOL

NATO said:
peachbuggy said:

While it's true that there is still supply constraint issues and Nintendo are lagging behind Sony in terms of restocking to remedy that at launch, demand will eventually level out to a point where supply exceeds that demand, and looking closely at the supply constraint versus demand of all consoles since sixth gen, I came to the conclusion that Switch will reach that point by July, where stock will be available and the device will be averaging 100-150k per week, with the exception of major title release spikes, as expected for any new console, and as illustrated by weekly sales numbers for consoles in their first year.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
NATO said:

Show all the graphs you like as "evidence". You still need to think before you post. As evidently you are basing this on what you HOPE to be true, rather than using brain or logic. Well, to save me telling you this in July, you are wrong. I'll be back sometime around Splatoon launch to tell youit again. Nice try but try using logic as opposed to what you HOPE will happen!

NATO said:
Kerotan said:
Ps4 catching up!

More accurately, switch sales in decline.

As you would expect, post launch window, personally I think it's going to settle at slightly higher than Xbox One numbers.

With 40k+ coming from japan? It may fall behind PS4 numbers but it won't drop that hard, as that would basically mean Japan outselling any other region