By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware (04/01/17)

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii was much closer to power to PS2/Xbox than to PS3/Xbox360, Wii U was much closer in power to PS3/Xbox360 than to PS4/XB1. Clearly power don't defy generations of console.

Wii U was definitely 8. gen console, and fact is that Switch is new generation of Nintendo console.

I never said it did, I was asking what his defintion of generation was to make it so that Switch is in a group with ps5, when from a power, software and time perspective it's closer to PS4.

Switch is nintendo's next generation system, but there's no logical reason to group it with PS5, and there's no reason to group it with other systems either.

Again, I gave you clear examples that power of console does dont effect on generations of consoles, so power in that matter is not important in any case.

Second, Switch is released 3.5 years after PS4, if we got PS5 in 2019/2020 it can actually be closer to PS4 in time frame. Only fact we know for now is that Switch is next Nintendo gen console, but we don't know if will Switch be considered part of PS4 or PS5 group, and I don't think that really matters.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
StarDoor said:

How can it be catching up if it's selling fewer units?

Pretty sure hes talking about the gap between the 2 being smaller this week than the last one.

What he means is if the Switch is sold out and stock is constrained it isn't really catching up until all of that is sorted because for now that gap doesn't mean much as one platform is sold out while the other is fully available.

curl-6 said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Great to see Nintendo on top again, especially with a console that I actually really LIKE *cough* Wii U, and one with a lot of solid games right off the bat or at least seemingly coming soon *cough* Wii..

Wii had a pretty decent opening year; launched with Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck, and in its first twelve months got Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Super Paper Mario, Medal of Honor, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Trauma Center...

Yeaah, I still like the Switch library a lot better so far, at least in terms of single player games. Zelda TP was great, but BotW is far better. Wii Sports is definitly a better multiplayer game in comparison to 1,2 Switch, but the latter still does its job as an amusing multiplayer game in short bursts that's also good for some yuks. The other ones you mentioned I didn't care much for overall.

Wii had a plethora of "good" games but few great ones. Switch seems to rectify that so far. BotW is incredible, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is the definitive Mario Kart, Puyo Pyuo Tetris is a great multiplayer puzzle game, and there are some solid indie titles already like Has Been Heroes and Binding of Isaac. Then we've got Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Minecraft, Skyrim, Stardew Valley, etc, just in the first year.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Rem87919394 said:
zorg1000 said:

cant sell what isnt available

Nintendo always does this with their stock. That excuse is getting old. Either way Sony is still doing great with all the new system Switch buzz. Stevie Wondet can see that lol

Of course its doing well. The PS4 have stuff the Switch does not have and vice versa. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Ps4 catching up!

More accurately, switch sales in decline.

As you would expect, post launch window, personally I think it's going to settle at slightly higher than Xbox One numbers.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
The 9th generation has officially begun.

And with quite a bang too from Nintendo, great to see!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

DarthMetalliCube said:
curl-6 said:

Wii had a pretty decent opening year; launched with Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck, and in its first twelve months got Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Super Paper Mario, Medal of Honor, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Trauma Center...

Yeaah, I still like the Switch library a lot better so far, at least in terms of single player games. Zelda TP was great, but BotW is far better. Wii Sports is definitly a better multiplayer game in comparison to 1,2 Switch, but the latter still does its job as an amusing multiplayer game in short bursts that's also good for some yuks. The other ones you mentioned I didn't care much for overall.

Wii had a plethora of "good" games but few great ones. Switch seems to rectify that so far. BotW is incredible, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is the definitive Mario Kart, Puyo Pyuo Tetris is a great multiplayer puzzle game, and there are some solid indie titles already like Has Been Heroes and Binding of Isaac. Then we've got Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Minecraft, Skyrim, Stardew Valley, etc, just in the first year.

I still expect that one to be a 2018 release, at least in the West.

Man I really hope the switch keeps its launch momentum, this could become very exciting.

Screw it hopefully Scorpio reinvigorates Xbox as it's pretty far behind.. very far behind.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

AlfredoTurkey said:
The 9th generation has officially begun.

Until people pick whether it's a home console, or a handheld, it'll be "1st Generation", as in the first generation of cross-type platform.

If it's a handheld it's tied to handheld generations, if it's a console it's tied to console generations, if it's neither/both, then it is it's own thing entirely and should be treated as such.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii was much closer to power to PS2/Xbox than to PS3/Xbox360, Wii U was much closer in power to PS3/Xbox360 than to PS4/XB1. Clearly power don't defy generations of console.

Wii U was definitely 8. gen console, and fact is that Switch is new generation of Nintendo console.

I never said it did, I was asking what his defintion of generation was to make it so that Switch is in a group with ps5, when from a power, software and time perspective it's closer to PS4.

Switch is nintendo's next generation system, but there's no logical reason to group it with PS5, and there's no reason to group it with other systems either.

Since PS5 doesn't exist, he's not actually "grouping" Switch with anything.