By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you can replay over and over?

Tagged games:

Do you play any games multiple times?

Yes 138 92.00%

No, once is enough. 12 8.00%

Total:150

So many...

All Mario games
All Zelda games
All Pokemon games
All Metroid games

Almost any entry in the following series: Starfox, Mega Man, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Sonic, Smash, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter.

But the one game I could always replay is Super Metroid, finished it more than fifty times, I guess, and used to 100% speedrun it glitchless in a bit over 1 hour.

If I like a game I usually play it at least twice. The first run is to get accomodated and to get a feeling of everything what happens, the second run is skill-based and meant to show myself how much I improved over the course of all stages.

Around the Network

For me, the original "The Legend of Zelda", is the game I replay the most and never tire of. I've been playing it since 1989 from start to finish on NES, GameCube (Collector's Edition), Wii (Virtual Console), 3DS (Virtual Console), and Wii U (Virtual Console).

Arcade type games that I also replay frequently since the 80's are Donkey Kong (Coleco Vision, Wii, 3DS, Wii U), Donkey Kong Jr (Coleco Vision, Wii, 3DS, WiiU), Pac-Man (Intellivision, Wii, 3DS, Wii U).

There are others, but not with as consistent replay over the years Final Fantasy (NES), Dragon Warrior (NES), Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (Genesis), Gemfire (SNES), Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES), Super Mario 64 (N64 & Nintendo DS), Dragon Force (Saturn), Iron Storm (Saturn), Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360 & Xbox One).

Oh, and Madden 13 on Wii U which I've been playing since 2012, but only because EA never bothered to release another Madden on Wii U. I haven't bought a Madden title on any other system since, because nothing else compares to being able to draw hot routes on the gamepad (online play isn't important to me, I prefer human interaction with friends in my house over internet opponents who quit in the middle of games and play more like a game of NFL Blitz rather than a realistic football simulation. I don't care if I'm in the minority on that opinion). Instead, my friend and I have been playing Madden 13 most Friday nights since 2012.

All Lucasfilm-Games/LucasArts adventures

The vast majority of games I play I only play once. Except for the SoulsBorne games. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours into each one.

monster hunter 2....

i miss is a lot actually :(

Around the Network
Conina said:
All Lucasfilm-Games/LucasArts adventures

Hell yeah how could I forget Monkey Island.

There are actually two:

- Heroes of Might and Magic III
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

In these games I can play and play.

Although probably would be more.

Old school: I used to play sports and fighting more. So, Bottom Of The Ninth on PS1, and lets say Soul Calibur on DC. I played KOTOR on the original Xbox 6 times through, and about the same for KOTOR 2. This gen: Rocket League comes to mind, but I've basically "retired". And The EDF series, hoooo boy. About 250hrs on EDF 2017 Portable, and another 250hrs on EDF 2, both on Vita. Just about at 200hrs on EDF 2025 on PS3, and 200hrs on EDF 4.1 on the PS4. Some others: Project Gotham 2 specifically, my most played game ever, and any driving game I've liked, The Yakuza series, the original Worms, GTA. Yeah, there's lots.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven star and Seiken Densetsu 3 are insta-classics. I try to replay them every few years. The Mass Effect Trilogy is a more recent example

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

FFVII to FFX