By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox E3 is going to be so huge.

FIT_Gamer said:
Wonder if it'll be 2 years in row without any new IP announcements?

Where there no new IPs announced last year?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Wonder if it'll be 2 years in row without any new IP announcements?

I think the last time they did was 2014. Of course the big one got cancelled. If I remember right last 2 years has been sequels and multiplat stuff.

Snoopy said:

That it will make the original Xbox look like a 3ds.That's right, I went there.

How did you come to that conclusion? Can you elaborate your position so that it can be discussed?

onionberry said:
I think their xbox division is pretty shitty right now, and that's sad cause xbox was my jam. So hopefully yeah, "Microsoft Xbox E3 is going to be so huge."

I don't think it's "shitty" but it does need some time, effort and investment on Microsoft's behalf to kickstart it into second gear.

There are a ton of franchises I would like to return. Some new I.P. would be great. I think the big part I am looking forward to at E3 is Scorpio details. I love hardware.

jason1637 said:

No halo or Gears releasing this year but Halo usually has a 3 year development cycle and 2018 will mark 3 years after Halo 5 so we could possibly get a teaser for Halo 6.

There are rumors (But they are just that...) that Halo 3 will be making a return this year.

There has been a Halo every year in some form or another since 2009.

2001 - Halo: Combat Evolved.
2004 - Halo 2.
2007 - Halo 3.
2009 - Halo Wars and Halo: ODST.
2010 - Halo: Reach.
2011 - Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
2012 - Halo 4.
2013 - Halo: Spartan Assault.
2014 - Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
2015 - Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo 5.
2016 - Halo Wars: Definitive Edition. (Early Access.)
2017 - Halo Wars 2.
2018 - Halo 6?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

SegataSanshiro said:
Normchacho said:

I think the last time they did was 2014. Of course the big one got cancelled. If I remember right last 2 years has been sequels and multiplat stuff.

Nah, they announced some new IP in 2015. Namely Recore and Sea of Thieves, but he was right, not one new IP at E3 2016.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Gears and halo already released. Maybe a teaser for halo 6, gameplay for crackdown 3, sea of thieves gameplay and release date, forza 7 gameplay and release date, Scorpio demonstrated with multiple demos and possible release date and price info.

Can't really think of anything else they will show other than maybe a third party multiplat gameplay session. And perhaps one or two more OG Xbox titles getting remastered along with phantom dust. A nice solid showing.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't get it.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to get it, because I sure as hell don't either.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Gears and halo already released. Maybe a teaser for halo 6, gameplay for crackdown 3, sea of thieves gameplay and release date, forza 7 gameplay and release date, Scorpio demonstrated with multiple demos and possible release date and price info.

Can't really think of anything else they will show other than maybe a third party multiplat gameplay session. And perhaps one or two more OG Xbox titles getting remastered along with phantom dust. A nice solid showing.

There MUST be a crackdown 3 release date.  The game was supposed to be out last summer and were now creeping up on the half way mark of this year with no release date.

and they can't give Phantom Dust E3 time...It was supposed to be out before this E3 (it was also supposed to be an all new game...but what can you do).

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Can't wait to see how cuphead is coming along.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

My brother's a huge fan of classic cartoons, so I'd say that game looked really interesting.

VGPolyglot said:
Ganoncrotch said:

My brother's a huge fan of classic cartoons, so I'd say that game looked really interesting.

well it got into the top 5 games shown at 2014 by Polygon and won the 2015 ign best xbox1 game and has been in developement since 2010 putting it at a bigger dev time than Breath of the Wild so far.

I guess good things come to those who wait?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive