By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox E3 is going to be so huge.

Normchacho said:
The E3 presentation is going to make the OH Xbox look like a 3DS?

They've already said that neither Halo nor Gears will be there. It won't be that huge.

No halo or Gears releasing this year but Halo usually has a 3 year development cycle and 2018 will mark 3 years after Halo 5 so we could possibly get a teaser for Halo 6.

Around the Network

Feeling a sense of wistfulness for Geralt.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

jason1637 said:
Normchacho said:
The E3 presentation is going to make the OH Xbox look like a 3DS?

They've already said that neither Halo nor Gears will be there. It won't be that huge.

No halo or Gears releasing this year but Halo usually has a 3 year development cycle and 2018 will mark 3 years after Halo 5 so we could possibly get a teaser for Halo 6.

I'm pretty sure Phil has said no Gears or Halo at E3 this year. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Wishes and reality are different things.

Even if Microsoft were to show up and have alot of first party titles, wich i doubt, it would also be doubtful hald of them would even become a reality.

Normchacho said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-no-halo-gears-of-war-in-2017/

He just mentioned them not releasing this year nothing about showing Halo at E3.

Around the Network

I think you shouldn't set your hopes high for MS E3. So you won't be disappointed in the end. It doesn't seem that they have a lot of first party games to show right now. In theory they can announce a lot of games for late 2018 to generate hype but Phil said that he doesn't want to announce games early so it is unlikely. So they can have a lot of games in their plans but they won't be shown at this e3. The most likely scenario though is release dates with gameplay videos of already announced games (sot, crackdown, cup head), fm7, some third party games. All shown in 4K running on Scorpio. Some xbl new features etc.

jason1637 said:
Normchacho said:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-no-halo-gears-of-war-in-2017/

He just mentioned them not releasing this year nothing about showing Halo at E3.

Oh, I must have read that wrong. Here's hoping for  Halo 6 teaser then. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

BraLoD said:
Maybe if they write Nintendo on it the device might get interesting.

Slap a mario label over Halo  and call it. Mario: Combat Deevolved.

Wonder if it'll be 2 years in row without any new IP announcements?

It's currently not looking like they will have a great E3 at all.

And even if they announced they had purchased Sony's entire first party stable of developers, and were giving them unrestricted funding at $40million per year, per studio, for the next decade - Microsoft's E3 conference would not be well received or recognised as being any good on VGC

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS