By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst modern AAA game publisher?

Who is the worst modern day AAA videogame publisher?

Konami 142 25.96%

EA 208 38.03%

Activision 76 13.89%

Ubisoft 79 14.44%

Other (please specify) 42 7.68%

Total:547

if you asked me a year ago i would have said activision. but now i'm gonna say EA.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Who is this Konami that is being brought up?

Are they worse than the galactus that is EA?

I'm still mad about Westwood Studios.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
TomaTito said:

Who is this Konami that is being brought up?

Are they worse than the galactus that is EA?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Visceral still around?  It's working on a Star Wars game iirc?  That image seems a bit inaccurate

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Nuvendil said:
theRepublic said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Visceral still around?  It's working on a Star Wars game iirc?  That image seems a bit inaccurate

I didn't make the image, just commented on it.  You are right.  The image says they "died" in 2013, but they released Battlefield Hardline in 2015.  Hell, I can't even tell why Visceral is even on the image.  As far as I can tell, they were always a part of EA.

Then there is Bioware listed as "died" in 2007, but that is just when they were bought by EA.

But Westwood is well and truely dead.

EDIT: Found a better list: http://kotaku.com/an-updated-list-of-studios-ea-has-bought-and-then-shut-1689498614

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Konami might very well be the worst, however, they are not relevant enough to win the award. Something like EA, a publisher that has the rights to Star Wars video games and shits all over the Star Wars property. They also locked you out of the ending for Dead Space 3, and the latest Sims game launched with less content than the original Sims title. I could go on and on, EA is the worst.

theRepublic said:
Nuvendil said:

I didn't make the image, just commented on it.  You are right.  The image says they "died" in 2013, but they released Battlefield Hardline in 2015.  Hell, I can't even tell why Visceral is even on the image.  As far as I can tell, they were always a part of EA.

Then there is Bioware listed as "died" in 2007, but that is just when they were bought by EA.

But Westwood is well and truely dead.

EDIT: Found a better list: http://kotaku.com/an-updated-list-of-studios-ea-has-bought-and-then-shut-1689498614

Much better list! I was going to put the EA graveyard below, but then I saw longer lists and linked that instead.
Never use something that has Wikipedia as the source xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

EA. I've hated them since the end of the 1980s. They have never gotten better since then.

Ubisoft is second.

EA. They killed Bullfrog. And after that, Peter Molyneux killed himself.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

ResidentToxy said:
Konami might very well be the worst, however, they are not relevant enough to win the award. Something like EA, a publisher that has the rights to Star Wars video games and shits all over the Star Wars property. They also locked you out of the ending for Dead Space 3, and the latest Sims game launched with less content than the original Sims title. I could go on and on, EA is the worst.

Wrong, Konami has made the worst decisions possible at every turn. Say what you will about EA's treatment of the Star Wars property, at least we're actually GETTING a new BF (which actually looks somewhat promising this time around), Konami just holds all their licenses hostage and disgraces them by slapping them on whorehouse slot machines. Their treatment of Star Wars pales in comparison to Pachinkonami's handling of the Metal Gear franchise or, hell, literally every single IP they own. 

So Metal Gear fans love Kojima's games? Well, then, let's fire him, take his name off the cover of his last game and ban him from receiving his own award.

Oh, what's that? Fans want a MGS3 remake with the brand new Fox Engine? Let's use it for a pachinko machine. 

What's that? Fans want Part III to the still incomplete MGSV? Let's fill The Phantom Pain with microtransactions and dedicate resources to the broken online service.

What's that? Fans want the Silent Hills dream project that we stupidly cancelled? Let's make a generic Metal Gear survival zombie game.

What's that? Fans want a new Castlevania? Let's waste beautifully-rendered visuals and new characters on a pachinko machine.

What's that? $60 is too much for Super Bomberman R? We lowered the price a meager $10 and made sure it lags offline to boot! 

No one's more brain-damaged than Konami, no one. ONLY Konami can have Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, Silent Hill and former devs from Team Silent all in one project and STILL fuck it up, talk about going Full Retard.