By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst modern AAA game publisher?

Who is the worst modern day AAA videogame publisher?

Konami 142 25.96%

EA 208 38.03%

Activision 76 13.89%

Ubisoft 79 14.44%

Other (please specify) 42 7.68%

Total:547

Konami easily

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
ResidentToxy said:
Konami might very well be the worst, however, they are not relevant enough to win the award. Something like EA, a publisher that has the rights to Star Wars video games and shits all over the Star Wars property. They also locked you out of the ending for Dead Space 3, and the latest Sims game launched with less content than the original Sims title. I could go on and on, EA is the worst.

Wrong, Konami has made the worst decisions possible at every turn. Say what you will about EA's treatment of the Star Wars property, at least we're actually GETTING a new BF (which actually looks somewhat promising this time around), Konami just holds all their licenses hostage and disgraces them by slapping them on whorehouse slot machines. Their treatment of Star Wars pales in comparison to Pachinkonami's handling of the Metal Gear franchise or, hell, literally every single IP they own. 

So Metal Gear fans love Kojima's games? Well, then, let's fire him, take his name off the cover of his last game and ban him from receiving his own award.

Oh, what's that? Fans want a MGS3 remake with the brand new Fox Engine? Let's use it for a pachinko machine. 

What's that? Fans want Part III to the still incomplete MGSV? Let's fill The Phantom Pain with microtransactions and dedicate resources to the broken online service.

What's that? Fans want the Silent Hills dream project that we stupidly cancelled? Let's make a generic Metal Gear survival zombie game.

What's that? Fans want a new Castlevania? Let's waste beautifully-rendered visuals and new characters on a pachinko machine.

What's that? $60 is too much for Super Bomberman R? We lowered the price a meager $10 and made sure it lags offline to boot! 

No one's more brain-damaged than Konami, no one. ONLY Konami can have Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, Silent Hill and former devs from Team Silent all in one project and STILL fuck it up, talk about going Full Retard.

I agree, Konami has definitely made more mistakes and at a staggering degree. I still stand by what I said though. EA abuses microtransactions too. EA is more relevant in the gaming industry and that is what makes them worse in my opinion. People still flock to EA. Whereas the hatred that Konami has received (which has been well deserved) has caused them to gradually become more obscure as time goes by. The name Konami means very little to gamers and their games do not have a large enough presence anymore.

Konami really let the ball drop on Silent Hills and every other property that they have held hostage. Their prominence in the gaming industry has greatly diminished, whereas EA is still as relevant as ever. This is what makes EA worse in my opinion.

Nintendo.

Nah just messing with ya, Konami.

EA is always a popular pick...

I dont think Ubisoft should belong though. Even if I dont really like their games per say, I have big respect for them since they are really the only AAA publisher that actually tries new stuff almost every year.

I wouldn’t say they are the worst per se (especially looking at some of the other names in these comments.) but I think Bioware has definitely “fallen from grace,” at least in the minds of many loyal fans from the PS3/Xbox360 era.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Konami should probably be disqualified, since they haven't published a AAA game in like 2 years.

Agree, what's really bad from a developer who made castlevania, contra, metal gear, suikoden...

EA easily. The Queen of generic sports and shooter titles. Even their better showings, like the Star Wars Battlefront remake, are all style over substance

Konami is a logical vote but unfortunately Konami just doesn't MAKE many games anymore so its hard for me to consider them triple A at this point. They aren't releasing anywhere near enough games to put into the AAA category, Capcom and Sega release wayyyy more than Konami has in years. And the only big game Konami has released in the last like 5 years was the latest Metal Gear installment. Konami is dead as far as the gaming industry is concerned, and Bomberman R doesn't change that

Hard for me to shat on Activision when they've put out some colorful big titles recentely, Overwatch.

I almost picked Ubisoft because they had SO many years in a row of terribly blah looking toward climbing games that all seemed the same. When Farcry and Assassin's Creed feel extremely similar but are plot wise opposites- that's a problem. That said Ubisoft has seemed SLIGHTLY better recently as far as variety. Maybe I'm just blinded because they didn't do their yearly shitty AC installment.... ....

I think Ubisoft comes out with the most subpar games in general, they don't really ever try to excel.

But I think EA, being bigger, sets such a terrible precedent with all of the microtransactions, deluxe editions, and the concept that all you need to do is license a big IP and you'll get a free pass by reusing assets (particularly with their sports franchises). So I picked them. Their games are usually polished but absolutely stale and since EA is one of the biggest players in the industry they should be expected of a lot more. Not to mention they absolutely fucked up Bioware

sergiodaly said:
The only i like is ea... Activision is money grabbing, Konami is just silly, ubi is king of bugs along side with Bethesda. I do admit that ea also does money grabbing in their sports division but i don't buy those games. Many ea games have some bugs but no where near the ubi/Bethesda pair imo.

Activision more money grabbing than EA? you have to be kidding me. I mean both are semi gross giant corporate shells that lack heart in development, BUT EA literally reskins all of their sports games year after year with very slight changes

mountaindewslave said:
sergiodaly said:
The only i like is ea... Activision is money grabbing, Konami is just silly, ubi is king of bugs along side with Bethesda. I do admit that ea also does money grabbing in their sports division but i don't buy those games. Many ea games have some bugs but no where near the ubi/Bethesda pair imo.

Activision more money grabbing than EA? you have to be kidding me. I mean both are semi gross giant corporate shells that lack heart in development, BUT EA literally reskins all of their sports games year after year with very slight changes

i did not say they did more... all i said was that i dislike activision because they do it... the rest of your comment is saying what i did say at BOLD... really???

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Ka-pi96 said:
Square Enix.

As much as people say Konami have fucked up... I never liked them in the first place so I couldn't really care less what they do. I used to actually like SE though, so their fucks ups make me pissed at them a whole lot more!

Not even close. Square-Enix doesn't slave labor their employees, demote them to cleaning toilets, lock up their employees, keep ex employees from getting health insurance or even new jobs or lock beloved IPs behind stupid gambling machines.

Maybe when SE cancels KH3 like Konami did Silent Hills (a game that was hyped the moon and spawned a bunch of copycat games of its fucking demo), you'll have a point. Even then, there's still no comparison. The top of the shit totem pole belongs to EA and Konami.