By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God Of War Ps4 can reach 4 - 5 mil FW sales

That's um... a very optimistic prediction. I would say 2.5 million first week.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
At first I thought this was lifetime sales and I was thinking no shit. FW though, eh, that's a tall task, even if the game is great. Look at Horizon, had huge marketing, enormous buzz, great reviews well before launch, it apparently did less than 3 million in its first two weeks. Will be hard for God of War to basically double that in half the time.

true, but horizon was a New IP, and god of war ps4 is the 4th part, so i think it will have it easier in confront of horizon

estebxx said:
Whats crazy to me is that the GOW trailer has more views than the FFVII Remake megaton announcement, despite the latter being 1 year older...

I can see GOW doing amazing numbers in its first week but not that much, maybe in its second week i can see it doing above 3 million maybe close to 4 but on its first week i doubt it will be anywhere close to 4 or 5 million.

thought the same, and was really suprised that it has more views than vii remake, what means a lot

SpokenTruth said:
BraLoD said:

My bad, I though it released March, it was May indeed, so 9M in 7 months, as that data is about its sales in 2016.
GoW will be bundled and of course it's a great example, the PS4 is showing to be much more welcoming to first party titles than the PS3, Horizon is another proof, Gran Turismo Sport outselling GT6 will be another, and not only first party but exclusives in general, Persona 5 outselling the PS2 games, Nier Automata outselling Nier too, the PS4 is a much more popular system than the PS3 was, the games sales are also being reflecting it.

You can fully expect the new GoW to cross the 8M mark (that would be 2.5M more than GoW 3, which isn't absurd by any means).

It's at 8.9 million now.  Not 4 months ago.  But you're also ingoring the bundle factor of that game.  Will GoW 4 sell a million or two more than GoW 3?  Almost certainly.  Will it double it as you suggested initially?  No.

It is impossible for UC4 to be at 8.9 mil now when it was at 8.7 as of Dec 21st last year. I think BraLoD was using that number. That might be where you are mistaken with the UC4 data.

OT: I won't say it can't but I don't think it will first week.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

with an awesome trailer at e3 with holiday 2017 release date i think it could happen, the views at YouTube shows that the interest for the game is high...

Around the Network

I don't think Sony will even produce that many for launch.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Using Youtube views to try guess sales of videogames isn't a very good idea.

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

with an awesome trailer at e3 with holiday 2017 release date i think it could happen, the views at YouTube shows that the interest for the game is high...

It's high? Yes, it is.
4 to 5 million in a single week high? That's just completely out of touch with reality xP
Uncharted 4 sold 2.7M and that was already a record for Sony games.

i know, but must think that the userbase oft Hardware will also be bigger than at the release of uncharted

OdinHades said:
I don't think Sony will even produce that many for launch.

I was thinking this when I read this.

Combined with digital, GoW4 could sell five million FW but who knows. We shall see.

a thread i made a year ago, it will not reach that, but i think a the end it will do better than many expected😉