By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God Of War Ps4 can reach 4 - 5 mil FW sales

We know nothing of Spiderman besides the fact it is made by Sucker Punch. 15 years ago Spider Man was the biggest thing going in entertainment. That is not the case anymore.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
roadkillers said:

We know nothing of Spiderman besides the fact it is made by Sucker Punch. 15 years ago Spider Man was the biggest thing going in entertainment. That is not the case anymore.

The new game is being made by Insomniac, and Spider-Man is still very much a popular character in the entertainment industry. The biggest news out of Marvel's cinematic universe over the last few years was Spider-Man finally being brought in, and there's no reason why the upcoming film won't be a massive blockbuster. 

Also, we do know that the new game is an open world title, and its own original story; not a cheap movie tie in. Those two things alone will guarantee the game gets a lot of attention. Will it be the best selling exclusive this gen though? That I doubt, but I can see it selling 7 - 8 million lifetime. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

roadkillers said:

Superhero movies weren't so popular before The Dark Knight and Avengers either.

A bold prediction would be 3m+ first week. that makes yours very bold lol!

No way, thats some COD GTA level shit on multiple consoles. If GT cant do it on Playstation then neither can GOW4

Around the Network

No it can't, 3M maybe.

It will sell a ton, but 4-5 FW is going overboard.

Without agreeing, I do have an Xbox friends who said he's going to get a PS4 for God of War.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

DialgaMarine said:
I think 3 million would be the ball park range for it, especially if it has a holiday launch, and those would still be incredible FW numbers. If any exclusive on PS4 is going to have that massive of a launch, it's going to be either The Last of Us Part 2, or Death Stranding.

You think Death Stranding is going to be bigger than God of War? That's a more bold guess than GoW achieving 4/5m FW, Death Stranding would be lucky if it's first week sales are more than half of GoW's.

The Last of Us: Part 2 has no more chance than God of War, both games will do similar numbers.

Whats crazy to me is that the GOW trailer has more views than the FFVII Remake megaton announcement, despite the latter being 1 year older...

I can see GOW doing amazing numbers in its first week but not that much, maybe in its second week i can see it doing above 3 million maybe close to 4 but on its first week i doubt it will be anywhere close to 4 or 5 million.