By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God Of War Ps4 can reach 4 - 5 mil FW sales

Considering how much bigger Uncharted 4 ended up selling compared even to Uncharted 3, I think it's more than possible that this game will get 8-12 million sales.

I mean, I'm reasonably certain 2-3 million is where it'll sell first week, and that 5 million is pretty crazy, but I'd be happy to see it if that happened. It's a great game and I think we need more like it. Good sales means more incentive for other companies to follow in their footsteps.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

i know, but must think that the userbase oft Hardware will also be bigger than at the release of uncharted

The userbase was bigger for Horizon and it did less than Uncharted 4 with two weeks, instead of one.
Seriously, don't do that with yourself, it's not going to sell 4M or even less 5M in a single week.

You are correct and I 100% agree with you,b ut keep in mind Uncharted is the 4th in a franchise that has been universally hailed since day one, whereas Horizon is a new IP. There's more to the equation than just userbase and numbers. 

While the math works on these videos there's so many other times it doesn't work. But based off of this alone, yeah it would work, do I think it'll hit 5M FW...no, more like 2.5M.

Saw an ad on espn for it, similar to the ad that I saw for Monster Hunter World. And we all know just how well that game sold.

3-3.5 million first week seems more likely, if only because it's tracking comfortably above Uncharted 4 which done 2.7 million. That and the install base is about double what it was when UC4 launched.

Around the Network

God of War has some of the most satisfying and visceral gameplay I have ever come across. It makes you feel like such a powerful warrior. Even just using the shield is the best use of the shield in any game I've played. The battle with The Stranger was just so badass and EPIC I cannot even begin to describe it. I can totally understand why all the perfect scores were given.

I was afraid the fundamental "O" moves from the original games where Kratos takes enough damage from his enemies before he rips them to shreds would be missing but damn it's intact and better than EVER! They're called Stun moves now and damn the game just makes you feel so awesome playing it. That's what makes a 10/10 game for me!

John2290 said:
Rafie said:
Completely changing the dynamics of God Of War could also backfire. Fans like myself who has played (and platted) every single iteration of the game may not like the new mechanics. I love GOW the way it is. I do hope that whatever they did add, it doesn't take away from the overall gameplay that made GOW the game it is today. I love that series and hope that it only goes up in high remarks than it already has.

Once you get a few hours into the game it's almost like you're playing GoW3...just over the shoulder. 

Its not God of War 3 but it is more hack and slash than people expected. Most footage on Youtube is the first hours of the game and doersn't show the depth of combat that the game has to offer.

I don't think your comparison between views and sales is strong... but yes it could reach 4-5M FW, Great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ZODIARKrebirth said:
a thread i made a year ago, it will not reach that, but i think a the end it will do better than many expected😉

Cool bump... time really does fly.
Maybe it really does ~4m FW sales..... we just gotta give it another 3-4 days to find out, if Sony come out with sales numbers.

*Personally I think ~3m is more likely to happend than 4m though.

BraLoD said:
SpokenTruth said:

1. VGC really, really, really needs to get its numbers up.  To many threads are filled with mixed data that makes valid discussion difficult.

2. By saying half of life time is X, that alludes to a doubled X total life time.  I've been using the figure 5 million...which is close to GoW 3 which is why I aksed you if you thought GoW 4 would double those sales (10 million).

1. VGC data doesn't matter when we have official data xP

2. Again, I was very clear since my first answer to you about the 8M spot, not 10M, which is within double the range this thread gives, which was what you answered to and what I answered you to, I never implied by any means it would double GoW 3 sales, though I get you started going that route when you asked me if I think it would double the next best selling game of the franchise, which I also answered to that I expect it to sell 8M+, though xP

1 - That is if Sony numbers are to be trusted

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."