By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leo-j buys a switch and.....

Tagged games:

I'll be honest, I bout the switch for a party game with friends experience....

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
routsounmanman said:

There's a GIGANTIC graphics leap between NS and Vita (Obviously not even mentioning 3ds here). Didn't notice that?

Moreover, portability more than makes up for any issues Switch has for most. It seems like you're really trying to poke some holes into MK8D and NS, which is quite reminiscent of you, actually.

There is a bigger leap between the PS3 and the PS4.... and I'm sorry social media and social features are very important to me.... I just played a couple rounds online on mk8 on the switch.... yea u have a point portability makes up for a lot.... but I'm very underwhelmed, especially considering the ratings reviewers continue to give Nintendo ip

A lot of my personal enjoyment of MK comes from learning the courses themselves, then using said advantage to win the race. The more you play the more it grows on you. At first it may seem as pure luck on opponent's end, but it's not.

And I can understand that you don't particularly enjoy MK8D, but comparing it to Horizon and its score does not make a point. Both are excellent games, but maybe not your cup of tea.

Don't base your purchases too much on Metacritic and reviews in general. For example, I looked at reviews for Has Been Heroes and I was almost not going to buy it. I couldn't be happier that I trusted my judgement and went for it, favorite indie game so far for me.

leo-j said:
JWeinCom said:

Fine... if you insist... 

"PS4 is the worst system ever.  I bought the Last of Us Remastered and it was the same as the PS3 game".

/thread

No, on ps4 I had live with playstation Netflix, game sharing, and cross game chat n stuff... in addition to launch games like OUTLAST FOR FREE, Assassins creed 4(which imo is a masterpiece, it's easily the best creed game I've played), and a nexgen nba2k....with vita I got uncharted and it had trophies....

with 3ds I got 3D land which the 3D was very good.....

so ya

With Switch you have full home console and full handheld experience in one, you also have full local multiplayer on to go in handheld or table top model, you have two controllers for multiplayer out of box, Zelda BotW full home console Zelda and one of best games ever, whil MK8D is probably best MK game ever (most complete and biggest content), and thats isnt just IMO, but that's fact buy reviews.

leo-j said:
Okay it's not that bad but come on how r u going to give horizon an89 and Mario kart a 94.... yes I'm playing both those games right now

Horizon and MK8D are two totally different kind of games, and reviews suggest than MK8D doing things much better in own gener than Horizon is doing that, MK8D is probably best MK game ever and most complete with biggest content.

You really just sound salty beacuse Switch is so well received and so popular while Vita failed (there are good reasons why Vita faield), and why Zelda BotW and MK8D are both critically acclaimed games and have higher scores than Horizon.

WagnerPaiva said:

Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience =(

I am scared to buy it. Money is short and I had a rough rough time these last two months. I think I will keep an eye on threads like this for now

You really don't need to pay attention when Sony fanboy is talking about Nintendo product.

Look at me guys, I went to a Chinese restaurant last weekend. I´m not "biased", I swear.

About your question why PSV floped, since Sony dropped the system quite early, that´s the most deserving outcome for anyone reasonable. Really petty of you suggesting Switch deserves to flop, because that´s exactly what your post boils down to.

In general, there are more than enough first impression threads, no need for personalized ones.

Leo-J, it really seems like the Switch isn't for you.
It's basically like one of those old arcade game machines: It will only play one particular game, called "Zelda".

But Nintendo gave the system a clever feature: They promised that later on, a second game called "Super Mario" will be released that can actually be played on the same hardware!
So, imagine the Switch as a kind of revolutionary arcade game machine that has not just ONE, but actually TWO games that you can SWITCH between!

So, where's the point in buying an arcade machine if one isn't interested in the game it runs?

Around the Network
leo-j said:

I WILL BE HONEST, How the hell did the VITA FLOP?

Lots of reasons, but primarily a lack of compelling software.

Pagan said:

Who are you again?

Apparently someone with over 150k points, and have been here for almost 10 years....... but somehow I don't see that in this thread...... :p 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The OP is missing some positivity to offset the negativity, but then I guess it wouldn't have replies.
Update it with your experience with the joycons as you mentioned later on.

leo-j said:
I'll be honest, I bout the switch for a party game with friends experience....

You already have MK8D, but there is also:

Super Bomberman R

Just Dance 2017

1-2-Switch

Snipperclips

World of Goo

Jackbox Party Pack 3

Puyo Puyo Tetris

And this month there's also: NBA Playgrounds, Minecraft, Ultra Street Fighter II, etc

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

pokoko said:
Pagan said:

Who are you again?

His user name is literally right beneath his avatar.  Really hard to miss.

He asked who he is, not what his name is.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

leo-j said:

Hello everyone, so the so called Sony fan boy me leo-j has purchased a Nintendo switch! I've had it for a couple days now! 

How did I get it? Well I dont happen to have a NEW 3ds xl(cuz it's a bad platform), and GameStop had a deal that u get 200 dollars towards a switch with a gba sp trade in.... unfortantely no Target around the Miami area had the device.... upon no further investigation most of them have received about 80 units since august..... and they sell out fast.... so I check istock and apparently Walmart in maine had the devices in stock. I call and THEY HAD BOXES OF CONSOLES! 

so i went and purchased it with MARIO KART 8 (Cuz hello a 9.4/10 must make horizon look like a child's play experience).....

i tried to set it up

it's super small(shockingly small) the entire set up is shockingly small...

turn it on

and I see.... a menu with one game and three settings.... capture news Nintendo shop or w.e

i play  Mario kart... all the levels feel the same.... I'm like um what... play online.... it's got like no friend invites.... play with a friend.... I'm like okay this isn't that Wii like experience everyone is hyping this thing to be....

I WILL BE HONEST, How the hell did the VITA FLOP? when this thing is legit the worst Nintendo system I have ever purchased EVER... (I have had a snes, n64, gba, ds, 3ds, GameCube)

like dude..... I go from psp to the switch and it's like a waste land and MARIO kart 9 is no way in hell a 94 of a game....

Anyone have a different opinion? Maybe I should get zelda and I'll be turned? Cuz dude if MARIO kart got a 94 and zelda is a 97, and Mario kart feels like a 30 of a game to me.... I dunno what to say cuz Nintendo games are always highly rated by Nintendo fans and I dunno how I feel about Nintendo games... I liked Mario on the gba but yea....

That's where you failed

I purchased Mario Kart 8 on Wii U and almost never touch them unless friends played it with me when they came to my house 

I recommended you exchange that game with Zelda, that's where the money should go, you know 

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213