By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leo-j buys a switch and.....

Tagged games:

If I hadn't bought a GTX 1080 Ti for my PC, I would have probably gotten a switch. It looked interesting, but then, all the news about the controllers not working properly, and nothing I wanted to play on launch, I instead just finished my PC upgrades.

I could probably still get a switch at some point. Need some games, to play on it, though.

Around the Network

leo-j said:

i play  Mario kart... all the levels feel the same....

How? I find them to be very different: different settings, hazards, obstacles, boosts, and lengths.

I don't believe this 200 towards Switch with GBA SP trade in. A used GBA SP isn't even worth 100.

TruckOSaurus said:
curl-6 said:

Did he make a "GTA 4 will kill the Wii" thread back in 2008?

Yup : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=24862&page=1

Ah, this brings back memories. 

The meltdowns that happened when Wii won April NPD on here and NeoGAF were priceless, "HD consoles are doomed", "Mario Kart outsold the game of the generation on PS3", "Nintendo is ruining the industry". 
And who could forget these gems.

If you don't like your Switch, then gift it to me :P I'm in need :P

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

leo-j said:

i play  Mario kart... all the levels feel the same....

How? I find them to be very different: different settings, hazards, obstacles, boosts, and lengths.

it's called fanboy glasses, when you're stuck adoring something for too long you get this thing of no matter how good the others are, your fanboy glasses don't let you enjoy anything different, your subconscious makes you think you're a traitor, it's pretty much like a religion, your mind is too close to anything outside your belief.

i used to wear those when i got the ps2 til i gave a chance to the GC, it might sound like i'm joking but it's true, once you break free of your fanboyism you get a wide variety to enjoy, nowadays i buy all the platforms, including PC for the exclusive indies that only comes to STEAM.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

It sounds kinda strange for you to be comparing a system that's barely been out for 2 month to another that's been out for years and built up a library over time. Give it time, it'll get more games.

Also, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy MK8 ;_; Maybe you should try playing it with friends. That's a lot of chaotic fun.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

sethnintendo said:
I don't believe this 200 towards Switch with GBA SP trade in. A used GBA SP isn't even worth 100.

Even the AGS-101 isn't worth that much!

If I remember right, I feel OP has a history of hating Nintendo stuff and I see a lot of blatantly wrong generalizations in the OP. I am taking his POV with a grain of salt.

Wow, this thread was certainly exciting. Only thing I agree with you about it that MK8D is definitely overrated. Still a very good game, but 94 is off.

The Vita/PS4 comparisons did make nostalgic of older times though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.