By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

1-2. 17 3.44%

3-4. 63 12.75%

5-6. 140 28.34%

7-8. 120 24.29%

9-10. 66 13.36%

More than 10 million sellers. 88 17.81%

Total:494
Shikamo said:
Zelda Botw
1,2 Switch
Mario Kart 8 DE
Minecraft
Splatoon 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Mario Odyssey

Maybe:
Super Bomberman R
SnniperClips
Arms
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fifa 18
Nba 2k18
Sonic Forces

This looks about right to me. I think a lot of it depends on Switch's sales momentum. If it keeps up its current pace throughout the year, I could see everything you mentioned cracking the million mark.

Around the Network
atomicblue said:
Shikamo said:
Zelda Botw
1,2 Switch
Mario Kart 8 DE
Minecraft
Splatoon 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Mario Odyssey

Maybe:
Super Bomberman R
SnniperClips
Arms
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fifa 18
Nba 2k18
Sonic Forces

This looks about right to me. I think a lot of it depends on Switch's sales momentum. If it keeps up its current pace throughout the year, I could see everything you mentioned cracking the million mark.

yeap, many peoples forget about skyrim but is skyrim mobile and the game appears on the switch first trailer.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
radishhead said:
I'm surprised everybody is putting Minecraft in their "for sure" category: haven't most people already bought Minecraft?

Obviously it won't sell the huge numbers it did on PC and its other most successful platforms, but every new HW platform have new gamers for which it's the first gaming platform ever, and people that are already gamers, but don't own yet every possible game they could desire. I have tens of PC games, many waiting for being  started in my backlog, and I have many in my wishlist too, and for example I have in my wishlist a PC online multiplayer mech game, Hawken, but unexpectedly I stumbled upon another mech game with my Android tablet, War Robots, and Hawken, despite F2P, so that I could get it anytime without having to consider the money, has shifted to a lower desirability level in my wishlist. Available time also matters, and things like this, and others too, can happen to any game in anybody's wishlist, so even immensely successful games like Minecraft can still be in the wishlist of a lot of people, and the right moment for them could happen also when they get a NS. It still is in mine too, but for a different reason, I fear it could take too much of my time, like War Robots and Need for Speed No Limits are already doing, the first mobile and F2P games that, despite some undeniable flaws and shortcomings, haven't horribly disappointed me yet.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm going to guess 6 or 7 depending on what's announced at E3. Zelda, Mario Kart already. I think 1-2-Switch will once they wise up and bundle it for the holiday, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, and probably Skyrim as well as a surprise or 2

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Mbolibombo said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not so sure; neither the Wii original nor XCX made it to a million.

Not saying it won't happen, but I don't think it's a lock.

Hmm I was pretty sure that the first one reached a million sold.. this page says otherwise though.

It deserved to, amazing game. Sadly, being a JRPG without a big brand name behind it, it kind of had the cards stacked against it.

Around the Network

Okay, so Nintendo confirmed on their 2017 Q1 Financial Results that 1-2 Switch and Arms reached the million units sold already. I'm adding it to the list. This makes four million sellers already, and I'll be adding Splatoon 2 when Nintendo confirms the milestone.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's already got 5 so far.
Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, 1-2 Switch, ARMS, and Splatoon 2.
Make it 6 already. (Super Mario Odyssey) The game may not be out yet, but come on, this is as safe as a bet as you can get, it's not even a bet, it's as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow.

Okay, so Splatoon 2 has been confirmed a million seller in Japan alone, so I'm adding it to the list.

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-has-sold-over-one-million-copies-in-japan/

This is the fifth million seller between March 3rd 2017 and March 3rd 2018.

Nintendo has announced Mario Odyssey has sold 2m in three days. So it gets added to the list.

Well, according to Nintendo's quarterly results, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has reached the million copies sold.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

So I'm adding it to the list. Only a month to go.