By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

1-2. 17 3.44%

3-4. 63 12.75%

5-6. 140 28.34%

7-8. 120 24.29%

9-10. 66 13.36%

More than 10 million sellers. 88 17.81%

Total:494

By about 27 days, which is basically missing by a hair

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
By about 27 days, which is basically missing by a hair

True, the game was steadily reaching the million and it probably reached the number sometime during the big digital EU sale, but still. March 3rd was the Switch's release day and that is the limit day.

I'm also curious to know games such as Minecraft or Stardew Valley, we should've heard news about their numbers a long time ago.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Okay, we finally have software sales up to date with march 3rd 2018, which means a whole year has passed since the Switch's release.

This is the list of million sellers after a year:

CONFIRMED MILLION SELLERS

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Nintendo
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo
1-2 Switch Nintendo
Arms Nintendo
Splatoon 2 Nintendo
Super Mario Odyssey Nintendo
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Nintendo
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle Ubisoft/Nintendo
Pokken Tournament DX Bandai Namco/Nintendo

In total we have nine million sellers. Obviously Nintendo games dominate the list, even the two 3rd parties we have are using Nintendo's IPs.

There's also the case of Super Bomberman R, which was confirmed to have reached the million units at the end of March, so it may or may not count (we don't have the exact date of the milestone, so take this with a grain of salt).

Darwinianevolution said:

Okay, we finally have software sales up to date with march 3rd 2018, which means a whole year has passed since the Switch's release.

1-2 Switch Nintendo
Arms Nintendo
Splatoon 2 Nintendo

In total we have nine million sellers. Obviously Nintendo games dominate the list, even the two 3rd parties we have are using Nintendo's IPs.

There's also the case of Super Bomberman R, which was confirmed to have reached the million units at the end of March, so it may or may not count (we don't have the exact date of the milestone, so take this with a grain of salt).

Good job, how does it compare to other consoles?

pastro243 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

1-2 Switch Nintendo
Arms Nintendo
Splatoon 2 Nintendo

Good job, how does it compare to other consoles?

I don't know. I'm looking for the million sellers of other Nintendo systems, to see if i can find the date they reached 1m.

Around the Network

Fifa and Skyrim will most likely pass the 1 million mark, so it wont take long to stop being a first or second party only list

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Fifa and Skyrim will most likely pass the 1 million mark, so it wont take long to stop being a first or second party only list

Well, if we count Bomberman R, it technically stopped being just 1st/2nd party already.

Darwinianevolution said:
Nautilus said:

Well, if we count Bomberman R, it technically stopped being just 1st/2nd party already.

Oh yeah, forgot about that game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pokken already a million seller? Woah.
Maybe Xenoverse 2 eventually this year?

Skyrim, Fifa and Doom may have a chance too.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

9 in 1 year? That's pretty impressive and no doubt 1 of the higher possibilities to vote for.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!