By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

1-2. 17 3.44%

3-4. 63 12.75%

5-6. 140 28.34%

7-8. 120 24.29%

9-10. 66 13.36%

More than 10 million sellers. 88 17.81%

Total:494

Using VGC yearly ranking the first year for other consoles

Wii U- 3 million sellers.

3DS- 4 million sellers

XBO- 11 million sellers

PS4- 21 million sellers

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

3DS- 4 million sellers

XBO- 11 million sellers

PS4- 21 million sellers

Thanks! I'll update the thread with the numbers. Do we know what games were those?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm certainly curious, particularly if 3rd parties have a good surge at E3 for the holiday season.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Darwinianevolution said:
jason1637 said:

3DS- 4 million sellers

XBO- 11 million sellers

PS4- 21 million sellers

Thanks! I'll update the thread with the numbers. Do we know what games were those?

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/

Just changed the years for the first year per console and counted the games with over a million.

Zelda, mario kart, mario odyssey, splatoon 2.
1/2 switch soon, and maybe another game.

So 5/6.

Around the Network

With Zelda, MK8D, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey it has four guaranteed ones this year.
I Feel like between 1-2 Switch, ARMS, Xenoblade 2,  DQ11 (if it comes out this year on Switch) and unannounced titles chances are that it will have 5-6+.

10 that would that I can think of right now:

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Fifa 18
Minecraft
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Super Mario Odyssey
Dragon Quest XI

And there is also a bunch of others announced and to be announced that could hit 1 million too.

I'm in the 13% . People seem to forget about 3rd party games.

PEEPer0nni said:
I'm in the 13% . People seem to forget about 3rd party games.

For now, it's complicated to talk about most 3rd party games for the Switch. I think Minecraft will reach the million in less than a year (that game could sell a million on the NGage if a port was made today), and I think Nintendo said Bomberman R reached 500k between digital and retail, so it's also close enough. But the rest are on the air. Sonic games don't sell as well as they used to, Skylanders and Just Dance aren't really big on the console yet, Lego City is on every platform now, PuyoPuyo-Tetris is too small to get a million that fast, Skyrim is nowhere to be seen, Monster Hunter V hasn't even been announced yet (who knows if it will even come first year)... And about DQ XI, will the Switch version come at the same time as the other two? That coul affect its sales a lot.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

jason1637 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/

Just changed the years for the first year per console and counted the games with over a million.

That method isn't entirely accurate though, after all, it doesn't take into account when in the year the console laucnhed. For example, in 2011, Monster Hunter 3G sold under a million, but in the 3DS's first year (Feb 26 2011 - Feb 25 2012) it did considerably over 1.2 million. Using that method, early year launches are undertracked and late year launches overtracked.