By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 re-confirmed for this year by Nintendo

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair, 1) BotW was pushing its hardware absurdly hard and 2) at least part of the reason for that specific delay was the development for multiple platforms, both the demands of said development and wanting it at launch of the Switch.  So I'm not writing it off until we see what they show at E3.

I'm not writing it off either, I'd just be very surprised if it releases this year in the West. 2018 just seems more likely to me given that it's only been 2 years since XCX, and previous Xenoblade games have seen significant gaps between their Japanese and Western releases.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

To be fair, 1) BotW was pushing its hardware absurdly hard and 2) at least part of the reason for that specific delay was the development for multiple platforms, both the demands of said development and wanting it at launch of the Switch.  So I'm not writing it off until we see what they show at E3.

I'm not writing it off either, I'd just be very surprised if it releases this year in the West. 2018 just seems more likely to me given that it's only been 2 years since XCX, and previous Xenoblade games have seen significant gaps between their Japanese and Western releases.

That's actually my main concern is whether it will be a simultaneous release.  Nintendo often misses those when it's a game that has a lot of writing and especially voice acting.  Zelda got one, but they had extra time for that.  So we'll see.  I look forward to seeing more hopefully at E3.

Jumpin said:
I am pretty sure Xenoblade 2 is an outsourced game. It looks like it was developed by a generic JRPG house from
NAMCO.

I hated the reveal the trailer too, but I still think it's a bit early to write it off completely; maybe its one of those games that looks crap when it's revealed but looks better as work progresses on it and we see more and more.

curl-6 said:

Just like ARMS was coming out in "Spring", huh Nintendo? ;)

Seriously though, between it being only 2 years since XCX came out, Nintendo's tendency to delay, and the fact that XCX came out in the West 8 months after Japan due to localization, I'd be shocked if this releases this year in the West.

June 16th is still technically Spring.

Signature goes here!

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

That's actually my main concern is whether it will be a simultaneous release.  Nintendo often misses those when it's a game that has a lot of writing and especially voice acting.  Zelda got one, but they had extra time for that.  So we'll see.  I look forward to seeing more hopefully at E3.

Yeah the XB games tend to be very wordy, lots to translate.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
They have to be kidding, I mean really. I want to believe it isn't coming this year but the evidence is pointing to a 2017 release. Music is usually recorded at the tail end of a game production and Mitsuda just wrapped up recording so it isn't impossible. I wonder when they started development, couldn't have been after XCX, probably during.

Hard to say. They had several tracks completely done for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Ljink96 said:
They have to be kidding, I mean really. I want to believe it isn't coming this year but the evidence is pointing to a 2017 release. Music is usually recorded at the tail end of a game production and Mitsuda just wrapped up recording so it isn't impossible. I wonder when they started development, couldn't have been after XCX, probably during.

Hard to say. They had several tracks completely done for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Well, you are talking Modern day Square Soft now. I say Square Soft because the Enix side of the company is much more stable and direct in what they produce. The Square side is always trying to push games to be show stoppers and that takes time. I think Monolith Soft is much more focused than Square right now or even when versus XIII was concieved. 

Ljink96 said:
outlawauron said:

Well, you are talking Modern day Square Soft now. I say Square Soft because the Enix side of the company is much more stable and direct in what they produce. The Square side is always trying to push games to be show stoppers and that takes time. I think Monolith Soft is much more focused than Square right now or even when versus XIII was concieved. 

Well, Monolith hasn't had great track records with short dev times for these bigger console games. Xenoblade 2 coming out this year would be out of ordinary. Kudos if they're able to though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ljink96 said:

Just act like the game isn't coming out this year, so that you can be pleasantly surprised if it does!!

I'll beleive when I see a range of gameplay and story (not just running around) at more than 20fps