By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 re-confirmed for this year by Nintendo

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 re-confirmed for this year by Nintendo

No one thinks this will make it in 2017

A few months back we got wind that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 exists, and that it's coming by the end of this year! Though I wouldn't get too hyped up as we barely have any screens and under two minutes of gameplay to work with, leaving folks confused as to how far along in development Monolith Soft really is.

However, Nintendo sought to assuage its fans and investors this week with its earnings release, noting that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still on track, and will still launch this year on the Switch. It's entirely possible that Nintendo will make up for lost time at E3 with an explosive trailer and overview of some sort, but for now it's a wait and see game.

That, or they'll apologize profusely for a delay while they deny said delay up until the last minute. It's the Nintendo way.

Earnings Release [Nintendo]

https://www.destructoid.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-re-confirmed-for-this-year-by-nintendo-433281.phtml

Around the Network

Pretty sure it's coming this year, if it comes to the west though.. that's another question.

They have to be kidding, I mean really. I want to believe it isn't coming this year but the evidence is pointing to a 2017 release. Music is usually recorded at the tail end of a game production and Mitsuda just wrapped up recording so it isn't impossible. I wonder when they started development, couldn't have been after XCX, probably during.

I'm still reluctant tbh, but if Nintendo is adamant about it, and considering work on the music started a while ago, then we'll hopefully get more details about release during E3.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Mbolibombo said:
Pretty sure it's coming this year, if it comes to the west though.. that's another question.

Yeah Japan this year makes sense but the west will likely have to wait until Q1/2 2018. Not really that bad though, I know the more games the better but you'd hate for it to be overshadowed by Mario during the holidays.

Around the Network

I believe hope.

Feels like it's getting made so quickly...

Here's hoping the end result won't feel like a rushed product.

I think it's fairly certain that it's coming ou this year, at least in Japan. It could always be delayed in the west, so we'll have to wait and see.

No one thinks this will make it in 2017

Well, they keep insisting on it, so I guess that Nintendo is not really going to back out on its word now.Hopefully the game delivers!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1