By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 re-confirmed for this year by Nintendo

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

And exactly how significant are new settlements and stuff? I'd argue places which give you materials to create intergalactic rated weapons and armor and materials for creating level XX rated augments are far more important than a new town full of npcs that serve little else than move story along. And that is even if this new game even goes that direction, and there is even a sense of control in how you get from one town to the next. But you are correct when stating the Nopon Caravans and Wrothian base can all be gotten to by foot. I'm just saying the narrative in which flight isn't crutial to being able to get to important places in X is not true.

No idea where the idea of being fanservicey was an issue for me, it's not. You're right though, Sharla, as well as Goetia, Elma true form and Ryyz from X are all pretty fan servicey.

Settlements can be very significant.  They can provide a variance of cultures to see, new side stories, etc.  While I am a big fan of XCX, one of the missed opportunities in that game I felt was the lack of other settlements.  Not even the Nopon had a town.  In XC, it was cool to see the different cultures of the Nopon and High Entia.  The fact none of the other races had a proper settlement at any point - not even a district in NLA (which there was plenty of room for) was a bit of a let down.  The exception of course being the Ma-non with their ship.   And these can provide new opportunities for stuff as well, it's not a zero-sum game where more towns equals less other stuff.

And I wasn't referring to you with the fanservicey bit, I was referring to the guy who posted directly above me with images of a character drawn by the artist for this game and the fact he seemed to be trying to make some point by showing said character had a bit of fanservice about her.  Which, as you pointed out, isn't necessarily out of place in the Xenoblade (or indeed any Xeno-) series.  It's just I've seen more than a few people try to make a huge deal about that. 

I kind of agree tbh especially after playing BOTW as one of the best feelings was coming across a settlement or village amongst your travels.

Around the Network

Yeah I too am a fan of when games show the towns/cities of different cultures, each with their own style of buildings, transport, etc.

Ironically, despite being pretty much deserted, the Metroid Prime games are a fantastic example of this, where the Luminoth, the Chozo, the Spce Pirates, etc all had their own cultural aesthetic.

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

And exactly how significant are new settlements and stuff? I'd argue places which give you materials to create intergalactic rated weapons and armor and materials for creating level XX rated augments are far more important than a new town full of npcs that serve little else than move story along. And that is even if this new game even goes that direction, and there is even a sense of control in how you get from one town to the next. But you are correct when stating the Nopon Caravans and Wrothian base can all be gotten to by foot. I'm just saying the narrative in which flight isn't crutial to being able to get to important places in X is not true.

No idea where the idea of being fanservicey was an issue for me, it's not. You're right though, Sharla, as well as Goetia, Elma true form and Ryyz from X are all pretty fan servicey.

Settlements can be very significant.  They can provide a variance of cultures to see, new side stories, etc.  While I am a big fan of XCX, one of the missed opportunities in that game I felt was the lack of other settlements.  Not even the Nopon had a town.  In XC, it was cool to see the different cultures of the Nopon and High Entia.  The fact none of the other races had a proper settlement at any point - not even a district in NLA (which there was plenty of room for) was a bit of a let down.  The exception of course being the Ma-non with their ship.   And these can provide new opportunities for stuff as well, it's not a zero-sum game where more towns equals less other stuff.

And I wasn't referring to you with the fanservicey bit, I was referring to the guy who posted directly above me with images of a character drawn by the artist for this game and the fact he seemed to be trying to make some point by showing said character had a bit of fanservice about her.  Which, as you pointed out, isn't necessarily out of place in the Xenoblade (or indeed any Xeno-) series.  It's just I've seen more than a few people try to make a huge deal about that. 

None of what we seen had shown that though, and though I do get the sense of appeal you are talking about, it still doesn't make towns more important than the areas discovered in Xeno X.

Day 1 purchase.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut