By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch vs. Scorpio - FIGHT!

Choose Your Weapon.

Nintendo Switch at $300. 263 78.74%

Xbox Scorpio for $400. 71 21.26%

Total:334

I don't own either yet but would go for the Switch, since I've wanted one, but is just too expensive :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Scorpio has nothing appealing for me when it comes to games so the Switch wins by a landslide.

Not convinced by either format yet but I think I'm more towards Scorpio as it will offer the best versions of multi-format console games plus run my 360 and xbox one library with higher fidelity. Like Switch I can't see myself getting one at launch though, too high pricing and limited games. Too many game format's nowadays.

I'm very much betting that the Scorpio will be $400. I've already made my decision, though, I bought a Switch, and I'm not going to be able to afford another system this year no matter how great they may end up being. 

400 for scorpio? Good joke

Around the Network

I am going to be getting both, but if I had to select just one I would get the Scorpio. If Switch had 4G, Calling, Texting, and a Browser, it would win by a landslide, but in its current form, it is a no contest if I had to choose between the two, Scoprio offers a much bigger library and vastly superior functionallity.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Switch wins because it has exclusives.

If i didn't currently own anything to play 8th gen games on, i'd buy a Scorpio regardless to if it's $400 or $500. I prefer Nintendo's exclusives to MS's by a huge margin, but add the Scorpio's inevitable wealth of 3rd party support and a colossus hardware gap, and the Scorpio would be the best place for me.

In my actual present day i'd buy a Switch. My PC already has access to effectively everything now releasing on the X1 and soon Scorpio, and it quite easily outperforms even the most optimistic estimations of the Scorpio's capabilities. The Switch's hardware might be hamster wheel tier for someone like me who will use it in docked mode 99% of the time, but it will also end up with a lot of great games i want but can't play on anything else right now.

monocle_layton said:
400 for scorpio? Good joke

It's not impossible, but MS would almost certainly be taking at least a moderate hit on every unit. I'm expecting $450. Even if that also required a loss of some kind, they should know that a $500 mid-gen upgrade has a good chance of just outright flopping. With how much focus they're directing at the system, i can't see them taking that risk.

Radek said:
Zekkyou said:

It's not impossible, but MS would almost certainly be taking at least a moderate hit on every unit. I'm expecting $450. Even if that also required a loss of some kind, they should know that a $500 mid-gen upgrade has a good chance of just outright flopping. With how much focus they're directing at the system, i can't see them taking that risk.

Has there been consoles launching at $449 or $349 before? Seems odd.

The Wii was $249.