By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch vs. Scorpio - FIGHT!

Choose Your Weapon.

Nintendo Switch at $300. 263 78.74%

Xbox Scorpio for $400. 71 21.26%

Total:334
KLXVER said:
FallingTitan said:

i just saw my first switch at a nintendo kiosk in the mall. man the joycons feel awfully cheap and clicky. I dont like the analog sticks either.  way to tiny. Which is understandable since the thing is tiny.

it was smaller then i expected. but it made me realize this isn't the console for me.  First time i'll skip a nintendo console besides the 2ds.

I do have an x1 but i'll grab scorpio. xbox has teh greatest controllers ever. im in love. My main reason for leaving sony was the controller. my thumbs would hit sometimes cuz the analogs are to close in the center. awful design from the 90's still around.

Pro controller?

yeah I would definitaly get a switch if it came with the pro contoller....not me paying $90 canadian for it.

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
FallingTitan said:

i just saw my first switch at a nintendo kiosk in the mall. man the joycons feel awfully cheap and clicky. I dont like the analog sticks either.  way to tiny. Which is understandable since the thing is tiny.

it was smaller then i expected. but it made me realize this isn't the console for me.  First time i'll skip a nintendo console besides the 2ds.

I do have an x1 but i'll grab scorpio. xbox has teh greatest controllers ever. im in love. My main reason for leaving sony was the controller. my thumbs would hit sometimes cuz the analogs are to close in the center. awful design from the 90's still around.

if there's one thing to be said about the Switch, its that the build quality is extremely good, maybe the best of any generation for Nintendo (particularly when compared with their last few handhelds).

I've been playing Fast RMX, Zelda, Shovel Knight- everything controls incredibly well with the Switch controls. You may be mistaking their flexibility as 'cheap'. bear in mind they are DETACHABLE ends that can be used in totally different fashions; so of course they're going to feel a bit different (input wise), but from my experience after a few minutes they feel practically the same as every other high quality control setup in the last few gens. And personally I feel that the Switch controls feel wayyyy more comfortable than the 3DS (which felt cramped for me).

also I'm referring to the Joycons attached in portable mode... its mega comfortable that way.

As far as the Joycons connected to the Joycon controller base-? yeah, that's not quite as comfortable as a standard Pro controller but its not really meant to replace a Pro controller or the handheld mode imo

Also small? the screen on the Switch is much larger than the Vita or 3DS XL and if anything (for portability sake) it is quite large. I like that personally, but to make a claim that its 'small' is absurd. Its like mini tablet sized. If you're used to 'handheld gaming' than its bigger than any other option that has been on the market the last few gens

also newsflash: if you used a demo Switch at a store then that means that literally HUNDREDS of people who give zero shits probably had already touched those control buttons/sticks and worn it down. Just saying. I rarely recall going up to demo units in stores and the controllers being in good shape particularly. Some 5 year old kid can walk up and yank a joystick like a lunatic if they want.

The Switch may have a few issues that need addressed (cough VC and adding UI features / browser), but quality is the last complaint I'd have. Controls are great, system is sturdy, and the screen has great color/visuals. Quality is the last issue here and probably a big part of why it launched at $299

yeah it was a demo...but that might be an indication of durability?  the joycons were kinda slimy.

Scorpio

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The Switch and it's not even close. Zelda alone makes me prefer the Switch.

IMO Scorpio is a premium product - $599 USD

Around the Network

I am going to get both but I will buy the Scorpio first, but since I already own a PS4 and a PC if I had to buy one of the two id would actually be the switch.

Now since thats not the case and Scorpio will be great this year and the Switch will be better next year, when they have a few more games and stuff, obviously the switch will be on a later time.

I am hyped to pick up both.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Switch   =  Tohru 

Scorpio =  Kanna chan

Together = Anime meat spin and nobody likes that

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Switch   =  Tohru 

Scorpio =  Kanna chan

Together = Anime meat spin and nobody likes that

Hey mod. Don't edit .

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said: