By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake For Switch To Be Shown At E3

Calling BS on this one

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Kaneman! said:

Why would it be? Don't think it has any appeal to traditional XOne owners, at least looking at how XV fared. If sub-million sales are enough for SE, then I'd understand, but somehow I doubt it.

FF7 has appeal all over the world. It could easily sell another million on the XBox and perhaps up to 2-3 million on Switch.

If it was PS4 exclusive or console exclusive, Sony would just say so, in fact they'd be yelling it from every rooftop. It's not. "Play It First On PS4" was always a really odd phrasing that pretty much confirms it isn't exclusive to the PS4. For games that are PS4/PC only, Sony uses the exclusive to PS4/PC moniker, so it can't be that either. 

These days actually IMO no developer is going to let a game this (likely) expensive to make be exclusive to one platform. There's lots of money to be made from 30-40 million-ish XBox/Scorpio owners and 12-20+ million Switch owners. Game doesn't even look like it's coming out until 2018 at the earliest. 

I think you vastly overestimate the sales on other platforms. I think that X1 and Switch would both make back their port costs, but it's no guarantee.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Biggest Switch card size is 32GB apparently, I dont think FF7R will fit on that, I expect it's gonna max out the 50GB of the Bluray.

Its not impossible though, we may see 1 year exclusivity on the PS4 and then SE releases it on as many platforms as possible. I also think FF7R Part 1 is gonna be a cross platform title with PS5, just to have the complete package on that system.

Lets look at hard facts here. Final fantasy 7 in all its versions has only been released on PlayStation consoles, PC, and mobile.

Sony published the original game so I don't see the remake going to other platforms besides PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I have been hearing about the Final Fantasy VII remake having a potential Switch port since it was still called the NX. I'm not going to believe till I see it, but I wouldn't say it's not a possibility. The whole Cloud in Smash Brothers thing was strange and unexpected, and Square Enix has been showing a lot of Nintendo support lately. There's also is at least 20 unreal engine 4 in development in Japan alone. Square Enix also went as far as to build from the ground up a 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI, so at this point any title of there's could see a Switch version at this point.

Around the Network

Just like the omg beyond good and evil 2 switch exclusive.

And omg red dead Redemption 2 on switch.

Ff7r will barely run on ps4 let alone a super underpowered machine like the switch.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

It's not outside the realm of possibility, but i'm sceptical that it'd be a particularly good port. The gap between the PS4 and a portable-mode Switch is huge, and from what we've seen the game is making pretty good use of the PS4's hardware. I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up being sub-1080p on the PS4 like FF15. UE4 makes scaling a lot easier than if they were still using Luminous, but they'd have to be very aggressive about it.

The cloud amiibo/smash character should be a big giveaway. I mean why would they use a main FF character that has never graced a Nintendo platform?

No chance really of this I think, not to mention the switch uses cartridges....

Highlighted expected Switch retail price, considering some of the prices of the ports the system is getting this might not be incorrect for FF7 (the original game)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm watching the gameplay clips that have been shown, and to be honest, the graphics *in game* during battles are not as impressive.

They could "cheat" and use MP4 video for "story" sequences taken from the PS4 version and then cut to lower quality models for in-game battles. Just my two cents. That is basically how they used to do things back in the day anyway. I think that would make a port much, much easier.

540p for the portable mode, 720p for TV play.