By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake For Switch To Be Shown At E3

Kaneman! said:
Soundwave said:

It releases first on PS4. Isn't exclusive to PS4. XBox One version is likely in development right now too. 

Why would it be? Don't think it has any appeal to traditional XOne owners, at least looking at how XV fared. If sub-million sales are enough for SE, then I'd understand, but somehow I doubt it.

We also have to consider that FFXV was released as a Day 1 multiplatform game whereas FFVIIR is a PS4 timed-exclusive. We've seen how time exclusivity tends to negatively affect the sales potential of the versions that come out later such as Mass Effect 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Bioshock.

Around the Network

I'll eat my sock if it comes to Switch lol.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I could see it happening, we know porting games to the Switch is easy, especially if they use Unreal Engine 4, according to what developers have all said. Not sure about it being shown at Nintendo's E3 show though, since doesn't Sony have timed exclusivity since it was said "Coming first to Playstation 4"? Unless something changed and Sony doesn't have timed exclusivity anymore for whatever reason. 

You guys need to consider something here. Metal gear solid 4 is PS3 exclusive, meanwhile mgs5 is not.

Ff7R is a similar scenario. No other platforms will have it except PS4 and PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Anfebious said:
Bad news. The game will look like shit if it ever comes to the Switch.

Fixed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Not going to happen. Not only does Sony have it as a timed exclusive, they will most likely have advertising rights to it. Only 6 months after the initial release will you see promotion for whatever versions are coming. Most likely just PC, with maybe a XBO port. And considering they're going to be focusing some time on pushing the Pro, I highly doubt they are going to spend as much time and money gimping the game for the Switch. It's possible, but I think the best the Switch can hope for is an upgraded port of the original.

deskpro2k3 said:
Anfebious said:
Bad news. The game will look like shit if it ever comes to the Switch.

Fixed.

It  doesn't need to come to the switch to look bad, it already does

And I mean it both ways. (Gameplay-Graphics)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I find it really hard to believe, but I wont say its impossible.If Square really wanted it, they could work on the port long enough to make it work.And I mean, there are reasons for why they would do it:Switch so far is a success worldwide and I think its fair to say at this point that its going to be a huge success in Japan.Plus with all the talk of how easy it is to port to it, in top of the game using UE4, they could make a profit out of it, even if its not much.

Not holding my breath though.If you asked me, KH 3 and KH collection would make far more sense if I had to choose one or the other.But I guess we will see the extent of Square support of the Switch and other companies betwenn E3 and Tokyo Game Show.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not happening

xl-klaudkil said:
Just like the omg beyond good and evil 2 switch exclusive.

And omg red dead Redemption 2 on switch.

Ff7r will barely run on ps4 let alone a super underpowered machine like the switch.

WWhat are you talking about? The PS4 version of FFXV runs fine so should FF7.

OP- I doubt since its a timed exclusive but if its true we might get a trailer on Squares channel that has the PS4/ and Switch at the end.