By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: WWII announced, reveal April 26th 10am PDT/1pm EDT

I guess sledgehammer is the new "top" COD developer.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

I guess sledgehammer is the new "top" COD developer.

The games not out yet so we cant say for sure.

Beta confirmed:

Josh Duhamel working on a game, and the guy in the above screenshot looks exactly like him.

Looking forward to this, I hope they will drop all these new things and go back to their roots!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

CoD4: Modern Warfare skipped the Wii because it wasn't planned to be released on it. The Wii could provide more positive sales data than Switch to sway the decision, but it didn't happen. So there's no reason to believe that CoD: WWII will make it; if it shows up this year, then that would be because it was planned to come all along. EA's Madden might come, but it traditionally releases in August, so that's a pretty tight window.

We were talking about the sales of Nintendo hardware. If you shift your argument to literally only the people who only play these games, then you should take another look at the GIF I posted.

Companies tend to not react to backlash because it's assumed to be a vocal minority until sales prove otherwise. I am going to say that you can't rebuild and reskin a game in less than a year when you are talking about a game on the scale of Call of Duty.

CoD4:MW didn't release on Wii with the other consoles because IW didn't want anything to do with the Wii.  Treyarch however did port CoD4:MW as MW Reflex Edition on the Wii after they took the time for a CoD:WaW port for the Wii.  So it was pretty much Treyarch that allowed CoD to get some Wii releases and BO on Wii was actually pretty damn good and I enjoyed WaW a lot also.  Never tried the MW Reflex Edition though on Wii but perhaps I might look to pick it up sometime in future.  To say there was never CoD4:MW on the Wii is incorrect.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/39017/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex-edition/

RolStoppable said:

I am surprised that it took this long. I knew that I didn't clearly say "in 2007" and left it in the context of superchunk's line of thought, so I expected someone to point it out.

It was more IW being stuck up and not wanting to work a little more in downgrading a port for the Wii is how it comes across to me.  Treyarch wasn't stuck up and didn't mind trying to do Wii versions of CoD.

killeryoshis said:
Why are they going back to World War 2? Wasn't them getting out of World War 2 the reason they did so amazing in sales? That's like making a 2D GTA 6. Then again I am no COD fan.

Call of duty Infinite couldn't be that bad now.

World at War still sold very well.

The formula for COD is very stale and fans of the series have been demanding a return to WW2 for 3-4 years now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I like this. They could go all out with the technology

Pro Edition leaked, included the game, steelbook and Season Pass

And a promotional poster leaked, Beta is first on PS4