By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anybody even kinda sorta thinking about getting Puyo Puyo Tetris?

I'll wait for the price drop ... that shouldn't take long

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Xxain said:

Switch is region free...

So? I'm not paying import fees. Even $30 is too much

Just in general. You can make a Switch account for any region and then buy from said region's eShop. Once you get ready to play the game and Switch recognizes that there is a version in your region, it will prompt you switch to that version if you want.  A lot of people did this with  I am Setsuna because its cheaper in Japan.

Xxain said:
p0isonparadise said:

So? I'm not paying import fees. Even $30 is too much

Just in general. You can make a Switch account for any region and then buy from said region's eShop. Once you get ready to play the game and Switch recognizes that there is a version in your region, it will prompt you switch to that version if you want.  A lot of people did this with  I am Setsuna because its cheaper in Japan.

I know, I just don't have any interest in getting the game at $55 or $30. 

Ljink96 said:
Yomieeee said:
I'm honestly good with the demo lol I just keep replaying it in different difficulties.

Does Nintendo put play limits on the demos still?

Thankfully no. I've played this demo and the Snipperclips demo and haven't seen any limits like before.

The demo totally sold me. I've been playing it on the couch while having something else on the TV for the past few days.

The game is also beautiful and scales nicely to a big 1080p screen.

The single player mode seems worth spending $30 on to me.

Around the Network

Me?

Been patiently waiting for the digital release since the announcement.

The one third price increase in the European eShop did turn me off slightly...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

RolStoppable said:

Kinda sorta, yeah. The demo certainly makes a strong impression with graphic style options and good music, and all those game modes that are on display. There are going to be so many ways how this package can be played.

What's holding me back is that Puyo Puyo sucks, but even with the Tetris modes alone it looks like you already get a good product. Switch's multiplayer options are also a big pro. Controls are good enough with a single Joy-Con.

Probably won't buy this at release because I've taken a cautious stance on everything so far.

EDIT: Apparently the Switch version costs €10 than the PS4 release. What a load of bullshit.

Only the physical version. With Switch carts being so expensive, they threw together a "collector's edition" as the only version available at retail so that they could skirt around Nintendo's policy of identical digital/physical pricing. The physical edition comes with a keychain. That's it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
RolStoppable said:

Kinda sorta, yeah. The demo certainly makes a strong impression with graphic style options and good music, and all those game modes that are on display. There are going to be so many ways how this package can be played.

What's holding me back is that Puyo Puyo sucks, but even with the Tetris modes alone it looks like you already get a good product. Switch's multiplayer options are also a big pro. Controls are good enough with a single Joy-Con.

Probably won't buy this at release because I've taken a cautious stance on everything so far.

EDIT: Apparently the Switch version costs €10 than the PS4 release. What a load of bullshit.

Only the physical version. With Switch carts being so expensive, they threw together a "collector's edition" as the only version available at retail so that they could skirt around Nintendo's policy of identical digital/physical pricing. The physical edition comes with a keychain. That's it.

Maybe in the US, but not in Europe.

US: eShop 30usd, retail 40usd (+keychains)
EU: eShop 40eur, retail 40eur (no extras?)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I was originally looking at the Vita version, but that did not get localized. Thus, I am pretty happy that a localized version is coming to the Switch (I know there is localized version for PS4 but I am not picking up a PS4 until at least later this year and this is a type of game I feel is more suited for a portable device).

My only real issue right now is choosing between the digital or physical version. The digital version is $10 cheaper and I can play it without having to remove the cartridge (of the most likely bigger games that I am playing) for a quick play session (also, I don't really care about the keychain). On the other hand the physical version can be traded in and moved to different systems more easily. Right now I am leaning a bit more towards the digital version.

Bristow9091 said:
V-r0cK said:
Nope, its all about Tricky Towers baby!

Oh man that game was so much more fun than I was expecting!

My friends and I thought 4 player battle with Tetris was fun...but Tricky Tower was a game changer!