By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anybody even kinda sorta thinking about getting Puyo Puyo Tetris?

Playing the demo on and off .. Man I suck at both Puyo and tetris.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Playing the demo on and off .. Man I suck at both Puyo and tetris.

Me too xD

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Only the physical version. With Switch carts being so expensive, they threw together a "collector's edition" as the only version available at retail so that they could skirt around Nintendo's policy of identical digital/physical pricing. The physical edition comes with a keychain. That's it.

Are you serious?

The Wii U had discs and some third parties still added a €10 "Nintendo bonus" to their early games. It's not the storage medium that causes a price increase. It's third parties who have the attitude that Nintendo console owners should be grateful that third parties can be bothered at all, so they charge more without providing more. I am convinced that some third parties would love to create a narrative where Switch cards are so expensive to produce that a €10 increase is justified.

What's the file size of Puyo Puyo Tetris? Probably less than 2GB. That's a card size that wasn't a problem on the 3DS, so why should it suddenly be one several years later when prices for storage capacity have decreased?

Hey, I'm just repeating what every publisher and developers that has commented on it has said. As far as a "Nintendo" bonus, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Some publishers had premium pricing (even Atlus had the gall to charge $50 for stuff on 3DS), but I don't recall commentary on that as a Nintendo bonus.

As far as PPT, I'm not sure. The cost of Switch carts are more than 3DS carts, so it's not quite a direct comparison. Eventually, publishers will just hurt the higher cost for the medium, as publishers did when they complained about the more expensive cost of printing blurays in 2006.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Hey, I'm just repeating what every publisher and developers that has commented on it has said. As far as a "Nintendo" bonus, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Some publishers had premium pricing (even Atlus had the gall to charge $50 for stuff on 3DS), but I don't recall commentary on that as a Nintendo bonus.

As far as PPT, I'm not sure. The cost of Switch carts are more than 3DS carts, so it's not quite a direct comparison. Eventually, publishers will just hurt the higher cost for the medium, as publishers did when they complained about the more expensive cost of printing blurays in 2006.

The "Nintendo bonus" is that Nintendo console owners get to pay more without getting more; I put it in quotations because it's not really a bonus, but rather a penalty. Pricing of 3DS games, or really any exclusive games, isn't going to get criticized in the same way because there are no other gaming systems that are better off.

What makes Switch cards more expensive than 3DS cards? I have to assume that you are again repeating what publishers have said, namely those who were asked why their games cost more on Switch than on other platforms. But there's no way that a €10 difference can be justified.

I don't have a specific breakdown in cost, just that everything is stating the same thing. I don't think a $10 markup is justified, but I think that's done out of convience because games are priced at $30/40/50/60, not in between those numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I am enjoying the demo. The biggest thing making me hesitant is, I just can't get good at Puyo Puyo no matter how hard I try right now. Something about the game just isn't clicking with me. Medium lvl ai kicks my ass.. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

I forgot to say this, but I got Puyo Tetris now. Having played 2 hours, it's really fun! I blazed through some of the story mode. It's dumb, but it's still charming. It's fun clearing the challenges, but the real challenge was playing both Tetris and Puyo mode. Maintaining and remembering your set ups for both modes makes it real difficult, but really exciting This game is gonna make it even harder for me to complete Zelda... @_@

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Downloaded the demo after reading some previews and reviews. God, I don't want to spend 40€ on this when the Playstation version is cheaper, but this could be a game my girlfriend likes...