By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: SNES Mini currently in development

bonzobanana said:
Was not tempted by the NES mini but depending on games could be very tempted by this and even more tempted by a N64 version as many of my all-time favourite games are on the N64.

If it came with the Hori version of the controller, then sure.

Around the Network

Will people use logic for once and preorder it with time... or they'll just wait for a miracle and expect to find a nice number of them stacked in the store and then proceed to whine on the forums because that didn't happen?

The NES Mini and the upcoming (if true) SNES Mini are hot items. Rare. Collector material almost. Is like the special editions of some games. Not everyone will get one. If you really want one, you have to preorder it whenever it becomes available.

Room 215 "Wish"

Do all the consoles in mini's :)

Id love for Playstation to do a PS1 and PS2 version like this as well.

Sadly it'll likely be missing many of the system's classic games and be ridiculously under-supplied yet again.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nice, hopefully then they'll move on to the N64 mini.

I doubt we'll see an N64 mini; the N64 has aged very badly and without the likes of Banjo Kazooie or Goldeneye it'll be missing a lot of what made the original great.

Wouldn't be a surprise after the success with the nes mini

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Sadly it'll likely be missing many of the system's classic games and be ridiculously under-supplied yet again.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nice, hopefully then they'll move on to the N64 mini.

I dunno; the N64 has aged very badly and without the likes of Banjo Kazooie or Goldeneye it'll be missing a lot of what made the original great.

True, but Im sure they could work something out with MS. I mean there are third party games on the NES Mini as well.

That is dumb. If this is the reason for the NES Mini being discontinued, why not just wait for demand to drop like a rock and then release the SNES Mini?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Released, no one would be able to get it as only 5 hit stores, discontinued in 6 months due to poor sales.

Hmm, pie.

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

I dunno; the N64 has aged very badly and without the likes of Banjo Kazooie or Goldeneye it'll be missing a lot of what made the original great.

True, but Im sure they could work something out with MS. I mean there are third party games on the NES Mini as well.

Yeah maybe MS will allow it, they seem chummier these days. That said MS might still be upset that Nintendo basically killed that GoldenEye HD that was supposed to come to XBox 360. 

A Gamecube Mini would be the cutest thing ever created.