By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: SNES Mini currently in development

I just realized; this is probably the exact same hardware as the NES Mini, just packed in a different plastic shell and with a different set of ROMs.

The NES Mini's internals were actually stronger than the Wii or 3DS and could easily handle SNES emulation.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I just realized; this is probably the exact same hardware as the NES Mini, just packed in a differnt plastic shell and with a different set of ROMs.

The NES Mini's internals were actually stronger than the Wii or 3DS and could easily handle SNES emulation.

So, are you telling me we could mod it to play Wii games?

Next N64! :)

Darwinianevolution said:
freebs2 said:

Got some RARE things on sale, stranger

What are you SELLIN?

Not enough cash, stranger

I love the SNES.It is for me the best console of all time.Having said that, I would have prefered that they did a re run of the NES mini this holiday and leave the SNES for later, since I want one of that dammit!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Scalpers all around the world are praising Nintendo right now.

RolStoppable said:
If it turns out to be true, shortages won't be as much of an issue.

That's what I thouhgt too. There must be a mistake in the quote, as it says SNES line-up is better than that of NES. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
RolStoppable said:
If it turns out to be true, shortages won't be as much of an issue.

That's what I thouhgt too. There must be a mistake in the quote, as it says SNES line-up is better than that of NES. 

Isn't it by a mile?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Vodacixi2.0 said:

Will people use logic for once and preorder it with time... or they'll just wait for a miracle and expect to find a nice number of them stacked in the store and then proceed to whine on the forums because that didn't happen?

The NES Mini and the upcoming (if true) SNES Mini are hot items. Rare. Collector material almost. Is like the special editions of some games. Not everyone will get one. If you really want one, you have to preorder it whenever it becomes available.

Well, I know some of the people who preordered NES Mini summer 2016 did not get their systems.

vivster said:
bdbdbd said:

Isn't it by a mile?

No. NES library is better. SNES has it's gems that can compete with the top NES games, but NES has a lot wider range of great games than SNES. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

This time my disappointment in being unable to find one of these will be crushing!!!

If I'm able to purchase one, however, this sounds amazing.