By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon 2 Sell 5mil Lifetime........ In Japan Alone?? [YeS It Will] [Update: 4.5mil Ship+Digital]

Ryng_Tolu said:
Dreamcaster said:
Hitting a target that not even Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Animal Crossing, or Monster Hunter can hit. There is no way on earth that this happens.

Jesus christ man, where did you found this Cloud avatar!?

Do you have a link?

Sure man, not a problem :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/5e/26/b75e267f87b555651b4477afef8549dc.jpg

Around the Network

If it's bundled I can see it selling that. Splatoon on the WiiU was one of the biggest surprises last gen. Too bad I never tried it,  I traded it in when buying the Splatoon bundle before playing it. I'll probably pick up Splatoon 2 on release seen as I finally have a switch.

That would mean it would have to outsell the worldwide sales of the first game, and more than triple its japanese sales. I find it quite unlike that Splatoon 2 can achieve those kinds of sales in Japan. Not to mention that shooters have never been a huge genre in Japan in general. It'll probably outsell the first game, but over 5 million is stretching it way too far.

No. Splatoon can sell 5-6 million WW lifetime. 1 Million in japan and heck maybe even 1.5 mill in Japan. It's not going to outsell or come close to Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter numbers tho.

There's being bold, and then... there's just being crazy.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
maybe 2M lifetime in Japan but 5M ?! .... no way.

The first one made over 1.5M on the Wii U, so 2M seems way too low to me. With the Switch selling so well, 4 Million seem more reasonable to me, and if Splatoon 2 also gets tons of content after release like the first one, then even more is possible

Dreamcaster said:
Hitting a target that not even Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Animal Crossing, or Monster Hunter can hit. There is no way on earth that this happens.

Animal Crossing has sold more than 5m in Japan...

You may not know that it has sold 700k digitally there at least as of 2013...

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195277

I hope you will turn out to be right, and the replies in this thread will be as ridiculous as these in your first Splatoon thread. However, I really doubt it. 3 million is certainly possible though, maybe even 4 million.

I knew who the author of this thread was before I even clicked it. ;)

OP: Tbone, this has to be your best one yet. I mean, this is a REAL longshot. the first game sold 5 million altogether. But, 5 million in one region? Well, it's got the handheld component going for it, thanks to the Switch. Plus, a much longer shelf life to work with.
But ATM, I'm going to say no.
Not to say it can't be done, because Animal Crossing: New Leaf has done it, and I'm sure that Pokemon X/Y has done it.
It has a chance, but that chance is very slim.

tak13 said:
Dreamcaster said:

Animal Crossing has sold more than 5m in Japan...

You may not know that it has sold 700k digitally there at least as of 2013...

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195277

Animal Crossing went from 0.99 million on GameCube to 5.33 million on DS, and like you said, sold over 5 million copies on DS too.

So it's certainly not impossible for Splatoon to do the same thing. :D