Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon 2 Sell 5mil Lifetime........ In Japan Alone?? [YeS It Will] [Update: 3.78mil Ship+Digital]

abroZ said:
Dreamcaster said:

While I agree that he's low-balled Splatoon 2's sales far too greatly, you have to be kidding with that comparison. A remake shouldn't be compared to a mainline entry. Dragon Quest is bigger than Splatoon in Japan; anyone who's looking at it without bias would conclude this.

Yes I know dragon Quest is big but I was just referring to games released this last generation since it's a more accurate representation of how games are selling today in Japan not how they used to sell. Final Fantasy 15 is a testament how once massive franchises don't guarantee massive sales anymore. And I do agree the upcoming dragon Quest will do big numbers and surpass FF15 I doubt it will reach the heights of the previous entry's at least not on a single platform. 

On a single platform? I concur, without a doubt. On all three? It could match DQIX, after all, the combined user-base will be greater than the DS's 30 mil in 2009 by the end of this year. As well as that, double, or potentially even triple-dipping will be prevalent due to the vast differences in the versions of the game. You have to remember that FFXV is very special example. Final Fantasy has been affected by Westernisation and long-term brand-damage. Dragon Quest has suffered neither of these, so to expect a decline as severe is unreasonable.

Around the Network

don't believe it, at the it's doing amazing at comg and i think 2 mil are possible

tbone51 said:
Cloudman said:
There's being bold, and then... there's just being crazy.

Crazy is my special recipe for my crows feast im serving up xDj

I dunno if you'll be serving crow with that prediction, but if it did happen, I'd gladly eat crow.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
tbone51 said:

Crazy is my special recipe for my crows feast im serving up xDj

I dunno if you'll be serving crow with that prediction, but if it did happen, I'd gladly eat crow.

This crow im batching up will be the mos6 delicious ever here on vgc chicago :p

Depends on how well the Switch does, but as of right now, I really doubt it

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Probably closer to 2 mill.

OP is crazy, must be on drugs again! :O

tbone51 said:
OP is crazy, must be on drugs again! :O

Probably. His predictions are always completely stupid, none of them has ever been correct.

It could do 2.5 million in Japan I guess. But 5 million is a really tall order.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Nope, that's wishful thinking imo. It's not going to happen.