By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 14 (2008) GT5 pro legs or m&s always strikes back

So, from March ELSPA Sales Award we know that GT5:P sold over 100k first week, dropping 40% this week means it sold over 60k. Minimum of 160k first two weeks, but could be quite a bit higher my guess is around 200k now. Maybe we'll see it go Platinum (300k) this month.

Around the Network

@Fishy: It's nothing unusual for a game to go up in its second week in UK and it's not an indiction of M&S kind of legs.
For example Viking went up this week but noone expects it to hang around 10th place for months. Bully on X360 also had a better second week than first but now is goint out of the top 40 pretty fast.

Not too far off with my Condemned 2 split. Had it at 63%/37% where it was actually 67%/33%.

It is amazing what a little advertisement can do for an awsome game like PES Wii. I expect wii hw sales to be up in UK this week(Wii Play is up two spots). It is possible that PES is selling a few Wiis.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

PES didn't just go up the chart though. It had sales increase 34% and it's not holiday induced. I don't think it's going to do as well as M&S, but not many titles do.

Around the Network
kamil said:
@Fishy: It's nothing unusual for a game to go up in its second week in UK and it's not an indiction of M&S kind of legs.
For example Viking went up this week but noone expects it to hang around 10th place for months. Bully on X360 also had a better second week than first but now is goint out of the top 40 pretty fast.

Yes games in UK tend to not drop much, but a 34% rise is NOT common. Maybe 10% for a game that had weak sales first week. But PES had a solid opening, and PES is a very popular franchise. I do not expect it to be another M&S, but I do expect a slow decesion down the charts(15-20 weeks)

not suprised pro evo wii is doing so well in the uk, besides the point that its a quality game, they are bundling it now with the wii for only £199, (retail price for a wii by itself is £179.99), so its a good deal, and i've seen a couple adverts for this package as well

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

FishyJoe said:

GoW:CoO went down. So much for the 'it only sold for x days' theory.

PES Wii went up! This game is gonna have legs.

Did you even look at other regions ? The game didnt even appear anywhere else just in that one region , and now it comes up in most of those charts ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

So Should we just rename the UK to Segaland?

hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:

GoW:CoO went down. So much for the 'it only sold for x days' theory.

PES Wii went up! This game is gonna have legs.

Did you even look at other regions ? The game didnt even appear anywhere else just in that one region , and now it comes up in most of those charts ...

I am sorry to tell you this hunter.... but GoWCoTO flopped in Others. even if it sells the same as last week it would bring it 2 week total up to like what 80k? For the big hitter of early 08 for the PSP that is BAD.