By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 14 (2008) GT5 pro legs or m&s always strikes back

So, GT5:P takes the top slot in Ireland All Formats Chart this week. It's still on top in the UK All Formats Chart aswell as the UK Individual Formats Chart in not only units, but value too. Quite impressive as GT5:P is priced quite a bit cheaper than the other top games.

Around the Network

What are your guesses on Condemned 2 360/PS3 split? I'm gonne go with 63%/37%.

I think it was expected for GT5P to stay on top in the units chart but the fact that it is still on top in value chart means that it sells twice as much (or more) than the second title.

Good sales for PES on Wii too.

Nine of the top ten Wii games are third party in the UK.

And Imagine Babyz is still climbing the charts! Go Babyz!!!

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

GoW:CoO went down. So much for the 'it only sold for x days' theory.

PES Wii went up! This game is gonna have legs. 

There was also the "it didn't launch in all of Europe" theory, but we will have to wait for numbers on that one, however, GT 5 prologue is still doing well, should be at a million soon

From chart-track:

Gran Turismo stays in All Formats driving seat

Sony’s ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue’ races to a second week at No1 in the All Formats Chart despite a 40% drop in sales. This week Sony’s title accounts for 39% of all PS3 sales, but only 28% of all PS3 software revenue.

The Olympic flame is still burning strongly for Sega’s ‘Mario and Sonic’, up one place to No2, while Ubisoft’s ‘Rainbow Six: Vegas 2’ is on a losing streak with sales falling for a second week, down 43%. The Wii version of ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2008’ scores a strong second week with sales of the first version of a PES game in the UK on a Nintendo home console up 34%, helping Konami hold on to No4 in the All Formats Top 40. Sega have the largest number of Top 10 All Formats titles this week with 3 - ‘Mario & Sonic’ joined by newcomer ‘Condemned 2’ on Xbox 360 (67%) and PS3 (33%) at No5 and ‘Viking: Battle for Asgard’, up from No9 to No7. Sega’s presence continues into the Top 20 with ‘Sega Superstars Tennis’ at No12 and ‘The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return’ at No17 while there is no room for EA in the All Formats Top 10 with ‘FIFA 08’ now their top selling game at No14. Nintendo manage to gain a foothold in the All Formats Top 10 as both ‘Wii Play’ and ‘Brain Training’ bounce back into the Top 10 at No’s 8 and 9 respectively. The only other new entry this week is ‘Dark Sector’ from D3P, debuting at No11 (No6 in the PS3 Chart and No4 on Xbox 360).

http://www.chart-track.com/?i=539&s=1111

Edit: Beaten, see above. :)

Dayum, PES Wii went up 34%. M&S could have some friendly competition.

"Nine of the top ten Wii games are third party in the UK."

That's true Fishy, but that could also be because Nintendo hasn't released anything in a while in Europe. Have to remember that Europe kinda gets boned that way. Now, on the other hand, I think the fact that 2 of the top ten games overall are 3rd party Wii games speaks positively about 3rd parties and the Wii.

edit: had to edit in some context to my statement, that's what happens when I take too long to type something and don't quote his statement in the first place ><