By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Switch version will arrive later in Japan

But yeah theyre probably focusing their teams on both other versions right now

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

They'll most likely release it in December. Switch possibly having DQ, Pokemon and Mario for the holidays in Japan, wow.

Switch version sales will suffer from a later release, but I hope it still does really well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I am still praying switch game will be released in the west and not only PS4

Angelv577 said:
Great, that is gonna help ps4 even more.

Actually this way benefits almost every1 in a way, especially Squareenix the most. Having Switch versiin later especially lets say holiday is a huge win.

Sony will not have to split the game up further down will be its benefit and more sales with a boost to HW.

Nintendo loses out early but since its already on 3ds its still going to be big for them but with switch version most likely being a ps4 port, after splat2 releases switch userbase will be alot bigger and will have a lot of potential double dippers from both 3ds and ps4 buyers (as well as a few new ones). In the long run nintendo switches sku could do better than it being released simultaneously.

Like this imo If it were releasd same time (lifetime estimates)

3DS 2.2mil

PS4 900k

Switch 400k

Total 3.5mil

But with how its set up now it could be in comparison

3DS 2.5mil

PS4 1.2mil

Then double dippers/etc

Switch 500k

Total 4.2mil

Basically by seperating Square wins as double dippers will easily buy this game on the switch. 

Around the Network

I still think most games will be like this, releasing on 3DS first, nintendo needs to find a way to make developers jump into switch's boat more.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

So that means PS4 version will be huge in Japan!

Well, the Switch version is officially screwed.

Double dippity doo huh Square-Enix? Oh well. It's not going to stop Switch from dominating the Japanese market, Splatoon 2 will drive hardware adoption there like crazy, DQXI would've been nice for a 1-2 week bump though. Switch will be the market leader in Japan (sorry PS4, time to retire 3DS), just a matter of when, not if. 

Missed oppurtunity here on Square-Enix's part, they will learn for the future though. 

There is probably 2 reasons!
- Was not ready
- Splatoon 2!

Btw why was there no PsVita version? I mean there are more Vita users than PS4 users in Japan.

Pocky Lover Boy!