By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Switch version will arrive later in Japan

Jranation said:
There is probably 2 reasons!
- Was not ready
- Splatoon 2!

Btw why was there no PsVita version? I mean there are more Vita users than PS4 users in Japan.

Too difficult to get the PS4 version running on Vita (especially due to the PS Vita not supporting unreal engine 4) and 3DS version wouldn't really work on anything else due to the game being too specific for that hardware. A PS Vita version would of ended up having to be built from ground up on it's own engine seprate from the PS4's and 3DS.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Jranation said:
There is probably 2 reasons!
- Was not ready
- Splatoon 2!

Btw why was there no PsVita version? I mean there are more Vita users than PS4 users in Japan.

Too difficult to get the PS4 version running on Vita (especially due to the PS Vita not supporting unreal engine 4) and 3DS version wouldn't really work on anything else due to the game being too specific for that hardware. A PS Vita version would of ended up having to be built from ground up on it's own engine seprate from the PS4's and 3DS.

oh dang! Sucks for Sony and Vita users! That could have re ignite its sales. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I figured as much, considering they likely started on the Switch version at a much later date. Hopefully that version will still do well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Now it seems thé Switch version wont éven release before 2018, they updated thé 2017 date to TBA on their site

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

If switch doesn't get DQ11 in japan this year then I see no point releasing it at all.