By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Students beat classmate to death screaming Allahu Akbar (New graphic video)

betacon said:
Puppyroach said:
Really horrible and sadly present in most societies. In the west it occurs but rather that people are beaten to death for being gay, shot in a mass shooting for being black or beaten up just because they are white. Brainwashing in all societies', whether it's religious, racist or other is a result of low education and an anti-liberal view of society.

Please where at gay people beaten to death openly in any western country? Where are black people being shot for being black? Where are large numbers of whites being bashed? Ridiculously you would even compare the situations

It doesn't necessarily happen in the open, but there are several videos of gay men being beaten openly in Russia, and reports of 100 men being detained only recently for being gay where some of them were murdered. And you might have heard of Dylann Roof who murdered 9 people in a church of all places, just because they were black. Or the white person who was beaten up severely by some black teenagers for being a white Trump supporter while filming the whole thing? Or the huge amount of black people that are killed by police each year when not even posing a threat? What is reported in the OP is horrible and those countries are further behind most western countries in human rights but it's hypocritical of us to claim some kind of moral superiority when we have huge issues in our own countries as well.

Around the Network

They beat their kids to death meanwhile in the Murcia we shoot our kids to death.

While the punishment for apostasy is undoubtedly death, this case is extremely unjust - the punishment is only implementable in an Islamic state by the valid government after *much* due process. Vigilante "justice" is never the way to do things.

A sad story indeed.

nil8r153 said:
While the punishment for apostasy is undoubtedly death, this case is extremely unjust - the punishment is only implementable in an Islamic state by the valid government after *much* due process. Vigilante "justice" is never the way to do things.

A sad story indeed.

I never understood this particular Islamic instruction. I don't understand many Islamic instructions, but this one in particular gets under my skin and makes me vomit, especially when most, if not all, Muslims living here in Europe defend it. 

Why is apostasy's punishment is "undoubtedly" death? Especially when it comes to this "beaten to death student" kind of situations.

He grew up, he grew wiser, he realised Islam isn't right for him, and that he never decided to go into Islam in the first place, so him converting out of Islam shouldn't be considered converting "out" at all. He was a young cluess soul when he was told believe in Islam and he obeyed his parents like all kids do, he grew up and made up his on mind, like all of us do in all aspects of life and choose the path we believe that are right. Not the paths others tell us about (and this isn't exclusive to religion).

So even if I was a Muslim, and even if I believed that apostasy's punishment is "undoubtedly death". I wouldn't have asked for this student to be sentenced to death, or any other apostate for that matter.

I am not stupid enough to believe that the entire Muslim population "chose" Islam. It was imposed on them, the majority of people are fine with that, but only a few of them grew wise enough to shed and reject what was imposed on them as little kids. Some drop out of college and start successful businesses and some drop out of Islam to get their heads chopped off? What kind of religion is that...  give me a fucking break. 

Is this stuff even illegal in Pakistan?

Its barely news if anything horrible happens there.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Prophet Muhammad was a pedophile rapist who murdered hundreds of innocent people.

Thank god i don't live in a muslim country.

taus90 said:
A_C_E said:

1. All religion leads to hate? Do some research. You can start that research off with Jainism and then come back with an educated opinion. It's ok to be ignorant but I can't take someone serious who talks through a topic which they have shown to have little knowledge of. Jainism, look it up.

2. Religion will always be the root cause? Right, because no athiest has ever killed another athiest! hahahhhahaaha! Oh boy! This is too easy to argue against, but here it is. Take religion out of this world and you will still have war. Take people out of this world and you will no longer have war. Logic would proceed to state that the people are the root cause, not religion since religion can't be inherently evil.

3. My point does not represent the penalty system in any way, shape or form. For the sake of the arguement I do not care about the penalty, my discussion pertains to what is inherently bad / what the root cause is. Human beings are clearly the root cause, everything else is just an excuse and literally cannot be inherently bad.

4. People are potentially bad which is why we send people to jail and still allow all religions to proceed because religion can't be inherently bad, neither can guns, cars or sports. This is so simple to understand and I know you are intelligent enough to understand it but it seems you are choosing to not agree. Which is fine but at least come back with convincing and compelling arguements to your points.

I agree no religion teaches to hate, infact it keeps most of the peopl in check of doing much more worst act in fear of god.. and if it was not for religion these terrorist would have found some other reason to commit these crime and it would have been far worst.

Talking about Jainism, I agree jainisim is a purest form of religion along with buddism, but again its the people how they interepret it.. e.g. where i live jain's are thought the people who eat non veg and where leather are evil, and forgiving them is an act of kindness, also if you are an athiest from any reglion, a person without belief they are looked down upon.. again this is all made up by people on the basis of their interpretation.

There's no evidence that religion helps "keep people in check".  Atheists are actually highly underrepresented in prison populations, and societal health tends to be far higher in more secular societies.

As for religions teaching hate, the abrahamic ones certainly do.  I'm not that familiar with the quran, but the old testament absolutely and unambiguously advocates for the death of apostates and blasphemeers.  

Barbaric violent acts like that do not belong in a peaceful democratic nation like Pakistan.

RolStoppable said:
monocle_layton said:

The issue is not that they believe in a religion.

The education system in places such as Pakistan do not help them learn about other viewpoints. compare a Muslim in, say, Germany and a Muslim in Pakistan. Chances are the German Muslim will probably be more tolerant since they aren't brainwashed into extremist beliefs.

An education system like that is the result of religion having a firm grasp on people's lives, so the issue is that they believe in a religion. More specifically, they believe that their religion is the correct one and everything else is wrong/unacceptable. Life is built around this mindset.

That's not quite it, either.

The problem isn't people following a religion, or believing it to be "the only right one"; the problem is building of a person's identity around the religion.

When a person's identity is built around their religion, then any criticism of their religion becomes a personal slight in their eyes. Any suggestion of an alternative option becomes an attack on the person's identity, rather than just an opportunity for discussion about beliefs.

Education systems are then built in each country according to that country's attitude towards identity.

Extremism is the natural result of a person building their identity around something like religion (or politics, patriotism, or "race", for that matter - see the frequent examples of politically-, nationality-, and racially-motivated violence), rather than being individual. It causes groupthink and an "us vs them" mentality. And it's also why some people think that they can "catch" another religion like a disease by in any way participating in something connected to that religion (because by participating, they're going against their identity) - see the hysteria here in Australia (amongst a small section of society) over halal, for example.

It's not the fault of religion - as I noted above, there are other variants that have the same effect (even membership in a particular gang often becomes an identity - see mob families).

How the fuck can these people just... continue with their lives after something like this? Even more terrifying is the fact that these people continued to to attack his body long past death, I mean how the fuck can you harbor this kind of hate for a person over his beliefs or lack thereof, who teaches you this sort of shit and tells you it's fucking normal.

I'm now filled with determination.