By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Students beat classmate to death screaming Allahu Akbar (New graphic video)

A_C_E said:
taus90 said:

I agree no religion teaches to hate, infact it keeps most of the peopl in check of doing much more worst act in fear of god.. and if it was not for religion these terrorist would have found some other reason to commit these crime and it would have been far worst.

Talking about Jainism, I agree jainisim is a purest form of religion along with buddism, but again its the people how they interepret it.. e.g. where i live jain's are thought the people who eat non veg and where leather are evil, and forgiving them is an act of kindness, also if you are an athiest from any reglion, a person without belief they are looked down upon.. again this is all made up by people on the basis of their interpretation.

Yep. It's joked that extremist Jain's terrorise people with kindness, lol. Atheist from any religion? Are you refering to not believing in the God of whatever culture/society one is apart of?

Yes! they will constantly bring up in their conversation with the athiest person, in this case its me, so i m the example, the problem is they will let you know that they are being kind to you even though u dont have a belief and will make it point to make you realize that how kind their religion is which they think people dont know. Oh and if your a food lover and make dinner plans with them and order non veg, then be prepared to be in the most awkward situation... but hey these are just my example, coz my ex was a jain and this was my experience with her family, maybe they were constantly condescending me coz i m athiest and was dating their daughter :D. 

Around the Network

Mob mentality is also at play here. If you take out the few people that are murdering that man everyone else is a complacent bystander.
"For the only this worse than an evil man is a good man that looks on and does nothing"

They're cheering.. They're having fun...

Things like this make me very apathetic towards bad shit in the world.

How can we possibly change this? How many years, and how many lives will it cost?

This is why you dont let in refugees - any from the middle east.

Puppyroach said:
betacon said:

Please where at gay people beaten to death openly in any western country? Where are black people being shot for being black? Where are large numbers of whites being bashed? Ridiculously you would even compare the situations

It doesn't necessarily happen in the open, but there are several videos of gay men being beaten openly in Russia, and reports of 100 men being detained only recently for being gay where some of them were murdered. And you might have heard of Dylann Roof who murdered 9 people in a church of all places, just because they were black. Or the white person who was beaten up severely by some black teenagers for being a white Trump supporter while filming the whole thing? Or the huge amount of black people that are killed by police each year when not even posing a threat? What is reported in the OP is horrible and those countries are further behind most western countries in human rights but it's hypocritical of us to claim some kind of moral superiority when we have huge issues in our own countries as well.

lol since when is Russian "western"?

Around the Network

😐😐

JWeinCom said:
taus90 said:

I agree no religion teaches to hate, infact it keeps most of the peopl in check of doing much more worst act in fear of god.. and if it was not for religion these terrorist would have found some other reason to commit these crime and it would have been far worst.

Talking about Jainism, I agree jainisim is a purest form of religion along with buddism, but again its the people how they interepret it.. e.g. where i live jain's are thought the people who eat non veg and where leather are evil, and forgiving them is an act of kindness, also if you are an athiest from any reglion, a person without belief they are looked down upon.. again this is all made up by people on the basis of their interpretation.

There's no evidence that religion helps "keep people in check".  Atheists are actually highly underrepresented in prison populations, and societal health tends to be far higher in more secular societies.

As for religions teaching hate, the abrahamic ones certainly do.  I'm not that familiar with the quran, but the old testament absolutely and unambiguously advocates for the death of apostates and blasphemeers.  

But didn't you know that you have to be religious in order to be evil since religion is the route of all evil? /s

As for the abrahamic religions teaching hate (I pretty much agree), that's only shedding light on part of the structure. Take Leviticus (Third Book) for example which talks about laws and morals separate from beliefs to convey the notion that God may walk among the Israelites so long as they avoid sin and impurity. Every book has good and bad parts, whether it be an awful book like Deuteronomy or Leviticus, but it is up to the individual to interpret and incorporate that into their daily lives. Having said that, I agree with you that the Old Testament is a harsh book, it's worse than the Quran (slightly), and that there are too many things that people could take into heavy action which would lead to breaking the law. But again, that is up to the individual.

A_C_E said:
JWeinCom said:

There's no evidence that religion helps "keep people in check".  Atheists are actually highly underrepresented in prison populations, and societal health tends to be far higher in more secular societies.

As for religions teaching hate, the abrahamic ones certainly do.  I'm not that familiar with the quran, but the old testament absolutely and unambiguously advocates for the death of apostates and blasphemeers.  

But didn't you know that you have to be religious in order to be evil since religion is the route of all evil? /s

As for the abrahamic religions teaching hate (I pretty much agree), that's only shedding light on part of the structure. Take Leviticus (Third Book) for example which talks about laws and morals separate from beliefs to convey the notion that God may walk among the Israelites so long as they avoid sin and impurity. Every book has good and bad parts, whether it be an awful book like Deuteronomy or Leviticus, but it is up to the individual to interpret and incorporate that into their daily lives. Having said that, I agree with you that the Old Testament is a harsh book, it's worse than the Quran (slightly), and that there are too many things that people could take into heavy action which would lead to breaking the law. But again, that is up to the individual.

Every book has good and bad parts, but not every book claims divine origin.  If I'm reading a secular book on morality, I'm free to say "oh I like this" or "that's stupid". When you're dealing with a book that is supposedly divine, you don't have that option.  If an all powerful perfect being wrote the book, directly or indirectly, then you can't just throw out the parts you don't find appealing.  If yahweh is the perfect being, and he created the old testament through his scribes, then you can't just throw out the parts you don't like.  

As for "it's up to the individual", why does the individual need to concern himself with any of these books?  There are truly vile ideas contained in all three books (I actually think the New Testament is far worse than the old) and the best way to take away the power of these ideas is to question the whole institution.  The attitude of "there's nothing wrong with the religion, it's all just a misinterpretation" makes it harder to challenge the institutions. 

please people, this is plain horror

how could racism not rise in US and Europe against these countries, when you see 10 people killing someone like an animal, and you know what the worst part is, there are more than 100 people standing around and no-one bothers to stop this madness, they still live in the middle ages...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

JWeinCom said:

Every book has good and bad parts, but not every book claims divine origin.  If I'm reading a secular book on morality, I'm free to say "oh I like this" or "that's stupid". When you're dealing with a book that is supposedly divine, you don't have that option.  If an all powerful perfect being wrote the book, directly or indirectly, then you can't just throw out the parts you don't find appealing.  If yahweh is the perfect being, and he created the old testament through his scribes, then you can't just throw out the parts you don't like.  

As for "it's up to the individual", why does the individual need to concern himself with any of these books?  There are truly vile ideas contained in all three books (I actually think the New Testament is far worse than the old) and the best way to take away the power of these ideas is to question the whole institution.  The attitude of "there's nothing wrong with the religion, it's all just a misinterpretation" makes it harder to challenge the institutions. 

Just because a book claims divinity does not mean I have to treat it as such, that is my decision not the books decision, so yes I do have that option. This actually goes along with my point since if there is someone willing to commit viscious acts (baby in a microwave for example) in the name of religion then they have a problem with their brain. Or we could just blame religion and just act like the lady who put her baby in the microwave would be mentally stable if not for religion. Also, you can't throw out parts you don't find appealing? The New Testament and King James Bible come to mind immediately?

Why does the individual need to concern him/herself with any of these books? They don't need to, they choose to.

Honestly, if religion disappeared violence will still take place. Literally anything can be used as a catalyst for violence and religion just so happens to have the most awareness. I don't think it really matters if there is someone who read a book about a divine frog that said all people in Turkmenistan should die, it is still up to the individual to depict reality.

It would be pretty hard to argue that a peaceful mind would suddenly turn evil after reading a book.