By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - To those who think that the USA's killing spree in the middle east is OK.........

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/us/pastors-praise-anti-gay-massacre-in-orlando-prompting-outrage.html?_r=0

Yes, but its isolated. The country as a whole rejects these isolated opinions and that's prove by widespread legalization of gay marriage as an example. In the middle east, those isolated voices are the norm.

The gay marriage was legalized by the Supreme Court 5-4. That's only one person that decided the difference, so no it's not some consensus with just isolated opinions.

Around the Network
Wiibaron said:
Seems you don't see ISIS as a real enemy or threat. Which sort of makes your whole post a whine about something you don't understand. We are trying to iradicate ISIS from the planet. ISIS choses where they operate from. They purposely either gather around civilians or try to hide amongst them. If the Syrian people[or Iraqi, or other places ISIS is] would stand up and fight them, the US and UN/world wouldn't have to do the work. But as you see from video, the refugees are loaded with fighting age men who are leaving instead of fighting for their cities/countries against an invading enemy. In the next decade it will be a even bigger problem when countries like the US stop buying oil from the ME because they are making their own energy more and more. The ME will become a poor 3rd world area with a handful of rich Kings amongst millions of have nothing but sand to eat. Then ISIS will just take over the whole area. They have to be killed NOW.

The only reason Daesh is a threat is because of USA. If USA backed off then Assad can focus on Daesh to get rid of it. Also the USA supports terrorists as well. the rebels are terrorists and Daesh is a splinter group of rebels. The only thing different is one didn't want to be under the thumb of USA while terrorizing while the other wanted US support while carrying out terrorism

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

This is too absurd and disturbing. The thought process of some people is mind boggling. Can a mod please close this thread

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, but its isolated. The country as a whole rejects these isolated opinions and that's prove by widespread legalization of gay marriage as an example. In the middle east, those isolated voices are the norm.

The gay marriage was legalized by the Supreme Court 5-4. That's only one person that decided the difference, so no it's not some consensus with just isolated opinions.

It's the law of the land. That's the point. There may be a big chunk that disagree, but as a society we now project outward tolerance and have given people rights that havent had them before. So I'm going to chalk that up as a win, vs a society where, forget about gay marriage, you can kill gays with virtually no consequence.

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

Can you explain please? :/

Those poeple are apathetic towards gays.  You are apathetic towards them.  Be careful not to be the very monster you condemn.

I see what you're saying, but I dont think thats fair. I hate the people that hate. I'm a progressive atheist so I dont care for loving the sinner. Resisting intolerance and bigotry is self preservation, and I resist the people that perpetuate it. I am apathetic toward people that are apathetic towards others, that's true. The alternative to that is being like Europe, and getting run over by a culture that doesn't share the seem values. You should not be tolerant towards intolerance. That's what a lot of the west has become, especially europe. It'll lead to becoming cultural road kill.

Around the Network

I'll post what I posted in the other thread since you "feel" that you guys need a whole new thread to talk about the same thing. 

How do you think there's so many civilians are in the bombing sites? Americans just dropping bombs on the biggest crowds, right? lol We know they dress as civilians and keep women/children near the likely places we would bomb. There's been reports about some of their tactics. I don't care if they use human shields if the target is worth the collaretal damage. Hopefully, they'll likely stop using people as shields if they realize the tactic doesn't work. If we don't bomb those particular areas then they know it's a deterant to bombing and will continue to keep doing it. Do you think that ISIS would play by our rules or have our sense of morality? Read the articles and watch the vids.
I wonder where we should put a base... Lets put it in a children's hospital or maybe a mosque or by the some apartments. All good ideas. 

I am pro Swiss policy otherwise known as not doing a damn thing. So yeah every casualty by US or European missles is one to much.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Sharu said:
Eagle367 said:

What the hell goes through your head? How can you justify the murder of innocents? You talk about war zones and collateral damage like we are not talking about humans rather inanimate or worthless objects. When things get destroyed that's collateral damage but when innocent humans die that's not. But then you forget about USA drone strikes in Pakistan which is not a war zone and the USA has no damn business being in the airfield of a sovereign nation and no one asked them to be. Then you talk about Syria as if the USA needs to be there when its clearly not the case. You say if USA does nothing then Daesh influence will spread but forget that a syrian army exists and a leader and the USA is being a thorn in its side instead of helping it fight terrorists and actively wants to kill the leader which will further destabilize Syria but USA doesn't care. They are not wanted nor needed there. The USA also supports the terrorists in Syria but calls them rebels. There are attacks by rebels which are war crimes but the USA and its media cover it up by saying Assad's government did it just like back in Iraq when the UN told the world there were no WMDs in Iraq but  USA invaded anyway without a care for truth or reality. Now look at Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan as compared to 30-40 years ago when USA hadn't even thought about attacking them.You say civilians have to die in a war but it looks like you feel nothing when each month USA kills by the thousands many civilians but are all over the web tweeting about an attack in France that killed less than a hundred people. One idiot even talked about civilians not being civilians but terrorists in disguise. So, what goes through your head? How much brainwashed are you?

For western people there are 1st grade people. Frome USA and Western Europe. Where every life is important. 2nd grade like china/japan/russia/east europe, which is like well, they go on two feet and speak, wow. And 3rd grade, which are from Africa/arab cohntries and so on.

So huge terroristic act is 2 europeans killed. Or 50 russians. Or 2-3 thousands arabs, who cares.

Western society is still deeply racist abd xenophobic inside. Its clearly seen here or in comments to bbc/cnn/nyt.

That may be true but please don't act as if it is a Western problem. People in Japan feel also superior to other people. Russians feel also often as if they are better as Americans and so on...

It's not a Wester problem, it's a problem of many humans that they think they (or people from same region/country) are worth more than others.

It's just that most power is in the hands of Western countries, that's why it's very noticeable with them. 

Positives outweigh the negatives. Someone has to do something.

The mod have noticed a some posts here and in the other thread are a bit too aggressive. Try to refrain from making insults and personal attacks or we will have to lock the thread.