Forums - Politics Discussion - To those who think that the USA's killing spree in the middle east is OK.........

contestgamer said:
SpokenTruth said:

Did you just say some peoples lives are of greater value than others?

Your mentality is why war perpetuates.  That apathy is the catalyst for fear, animosity and hate. 

OK, so is Hitlers life equal to Ghandhis? 

Don't equate individuals to a population in general as though that validates your perspective because it certainly doesn't. 

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
Wiibaron said:
Seems you don't see ISIS as a real enemy or threat. Which sort of makes your whole post a whine about something you don't understand. We are trying to iradicate ISIS from the planet. ISIS choses where they operate from. They purposely either gather around civilians or try to hide amongst them. If the Syrian people[or Iraqi, or other places ISIS is] would stand up and fight them, the US and UN/world wouldn't have to do the work. But as you see from video, the refugees are loaded with fighting age men who are leaving instead of fighting for their cities/countries against an invading enemy. In the next decade it will be a even bigger problem when countries like the US stop buying oil from the ME because they are making their own energy more and more. The ME will become a poor 3rd world area with a handful of rich Kings amongst millions of have nothing but sand to eat. Then ISIS will just take over the whole area. They have to be killed NOW.

Uhh, they already do that. The SAA and the Kurds are composed of Muslims, and they're the ones mainly fighting ISIS.

VGPolyglot said:
Wiibaron said:
Seems you don't see ISIS as a real enemy or threat. Which sort of makes your whole post a whine about something you don't understand. We are trying to iradicate ISIS from the planet. ISIS choses where they operate from. They purposely either gather around civilians or try to hide amongst them. If the Syrian people[or Iraqi, or other places ISIS is] would stand up and fight them, the US and UN/world wouldn't have to do the work. But as you see from video, the refugees are loaded with fighting age men who are leaving instead of fighting for their cities/countries against an invading enemy. In the next decade it will be a even bigger problem when countries like the US stop buying oil from the ME because they are making their own energy more and more. The ME will become a poor 3rd world area with a handful of rich Kings amongst millions of have nothing but sand to eat. Then ISIS will just take over the whole area. They have to be killed NOW.

Uhh, they already do that. The SAA and the Kurds are composed of Muslims, and they're the ones mainly fighting ISIS.

Some people don't realize that you cannot fight when you do not have food, water, shelter, arms, electricity, etc....

Americans are worse than Nazis.

~User was moderated for this post - Ryuu96

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah, but that is what it is. Being born in certain parts of the world, in certain cultures often also comes with baggage, such as negative opinions about gays, sexist ideals, feelings (and laws) of religious supremacy and more. So although they're people, they're not people that I want to defend. A casualty in the west is worse than a casualty over there and so I'd prefer the war to be fought there, than it be fought here. Humanizing those people doesn't help us win the war.

Do you not agree that Islamic terrorists believing that non-Muslim lives are unimportant and dispensible compared to Muslims is a bad thing? If so, you're being hypocriticial as advocating in essence the exact same thing.

No, I'm advocating the opposite. Nothing hypocritical as what I'm advocating for supports self preservation and is in line with my liberal values. Any judgmenent of a groups value based on its religious makeup is wrong - and that is what those muslims are advocating for. I'm making judgement based on a confluence of cultural factors that ultimately boils down to tolerance and equality. If you're not for that, which we in the west are to a much greater degree, then your society is of less value and as a result so are your people. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Do you not agree that Islamic terrorists believing that non-Muslim lives are unimportant and dispensible compared to Muslims is a bad thing? If so, you're being hypocriticial as advocating in essence the exact same thing.

No, I'm advocating the opposite. Nothing hypocritical as what I'm advocating for supports self preservation and is in line with my liberal values. Any judgmenent of a groups value based on its religious makeup is wrong - and that is what those muslims are advocating for. I'm making judgement based on a confluence of cultural factors that ultimately boils down to tolerance and equality. If you're not for that, which we in the west are to a much greater degree, then your society is of less value and as a result so are your people. 

You cannot call yourself a liberal and type what you just did.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, because the west is so tolerant. That's why we have we still have racism, homphobia and transphobia.

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

OK, so is Hitlers life equal to Ghandhis? 

Don't equate individuals to a population in general as though that validates your perspective because it certainly doesn't. 

You can absolutely do that. Societies have major overarching differences in cultural beliefs and studies and polling show that. Two people being equal, if one of them believes gays should be free to marry and the other believes they should be jailed, I'm going to say the first person is better than the next. As a society these beliefs are expressed in laws and cultural practices. A society which believes gays should be hanged is less deserving of life than one that doesnt.

contestgamer said:
SpokenTruth said:

You can absolutely do that. Societies have major overarching differences in cultural beliefs and studies and polling show that. Two people being equal, if one of them believes gays should be free to marry and the other believes they should be jailed, I'm going to say the first person is better than the next. As a society these beliefs are expressed in laws and cultural practices. A society which believes gays should be hanged is less deserving of life than one that doesnt.

Then that makes you no better than the ones who want to hang gays.  You do realize that, don't you?

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, because the west is so tolerant. That's why we have we still have racism, homphobia and transphobia.

We're not perfect, but we're better. I have to judge based on reality, not a utopian ideal. We're far from perfect infact, but we don' throw gays off rooftops either.