By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - To those who think that the USA's killing spree in the middle east is OK.........

Americans are worse than Nazis.

~User was moderated for this post - Ryuu96

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah, but that is what it is. Being born in certain parts of the world, in certain cultures often also comes with baggage, such as negative opinions about gays, sexist ideals, feelings (and laws) of religious supremacy and more. So although they're people, they're not people that I want to defend. A casualty in the west is worse than a casualty over there and so I'd prefer the war to be fought there, than it be fought here. Humanizing those people doesn't help us win the war.

Do you not agree that Islamic terrorists believing that non-Muslim lives are unimportant and dispensible compared to Muslims is a bad thing? If so, you're being hypocriticial as advocating in essence the exact same thing.

No, I'm advocating the opposite. Nothing hypocritical as what I'm advocating for supports self preservation and is in line with my liberal values. Any judgmenent of a groups value based on its religious makeup is wrong - and that is what those muslims are advocating for. I'm making judgement based on a confluence of cultural factors that ultimately boils down to tolerance and equality. If you're not for that, which we in the west are to a much greater degree, then your society is of less value and as a result so are your people. 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Do you not agree that Islamic terrorists believing that non-Muslim lives are unimportant and dispensible compared to Muslims is a bad thing? If so, you're being hypocriticial as advocating in essence the exact same thing.

No, I'm advocating the opposite. Nothing hypocritical as what I'm advocating for supports self preservation and is in line with my liberal values. Any judgmenent of a groups value based on its religious makeup is wrong - and that is what those muslims are advocating for. I'm making judgement based on a confluence of cultural factors that ultimately boils down to tolerance and equality. If you're not for that, which we in the west are to a much greater degree, then your society is of less value and as a result so are your people. 

Yes, because the west is so tolerant. That's why we have we still have racism, homphobia and transphobia.

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

OK, so is Hitlers life equal to Ghandhis? 

Don't equate individuals to a population in general as though that validates your perspective because it certainly doesn't. 

You can absolutely do that. Societies have major overarching differences in cultural beliefs and studies and polling show that. Two people being equal, if one of them believes gays should be free to marry and the other believes they should be jailed, I'm going to say the first person is better than the next. As a society these beliefs are expressed in laws and cultural practices. A society which believes gays should be hanged is less deserving of life than one that doesnt.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, because the west is so tolerant. That's why we have we still have racism, homphobia and transphobia.

We're not perfect, but we're better. I have to judge based on reality, not a utopian ideal. We're far from perfect infact, but we don' throw gays off rooftops either. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
SpokenTruth said:

Don't equate individuals to a population in general as though that validates your perspective because it certainly doesn't. 

You can absolutely do that. Societies have major overarching differences in cultural beliefs and studies and polling show that. Two people being equal, if one of them believes gays should be free to marry and the other believes they should be jailed, I'm going to say the first person is better than the next. As a society these beliefs are expressed in laws and cultural practices. A society which believes gays should be hanged is less deserving of life than one that doesnt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/us/pastors-praise-anti-gay-massacre-in-orlando-prompting-outrage.html?_r=0

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

You cannot call yourself a liberal and type what you just did.

Absolutely I'm liberal

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/us/pastors-praise-anti-gay-massacre-in-orlando-prompting-outrage.html?_r=0

Yes, but its isolated. The country as a whole rejects these isolated opinions and that's prove by widespread legalization of gay marriage as an example. In the middle east, those isolated voices are the norm.

vivster said:

Your first mistake was calling those killings "murder" which already completely disqualifies you from this conversation as you do not understand any of it. You also seem to be under the false assumption that the US is the only participant who is killing civilians while in combat with IS.

No Assad Daesh Russia NATO the terroristic rebels are all killing innocents in Syria. Its just a matter of how many from which place. The USA is probably among the top three worst three offenders in terms of innocent lives lost

bigtakilla said:
Syria is using chemical warfare. Trust me when I say you would rather die quickly from a missile than slowly by chemicals.

No the west is claiming that Syria used the weapons. No proof. It is more likely that the rebels that USA is supporting used those chemical weapons

pokoko said:
I agree that the US shouldn't be there. You can kill each other as much as you like on your own, it's your country. We shouldn't be spending $37 billion on foreign aid, either, and policing the world just because some countries can't take care of themselves.

Seriously, it's not like we're going to stop you from killing yourselves, we're just going to add to the body-count.

Of course, you really don't have the right to be sanctimonious about anything while using chemical weapons.

Chemical weapons have not been proven to be used by the Assad regime and its more likely that the US supported rebels are the true culprits. The media and the american sources lie more than any other entity on earth. We don't know or have proof that Assad did it.and The US has used chemical weapons before and probably kill more people than Assad's regime ever could

vivster said:
pokoko said:
I agree that the US shouldn't be there. You can kill each other as much as you like on your own, it's your country. We shouldn't be spending $37 billion on foreign aid, either, and policing the world just because some countries can't take care of themselves.

Seriously, it's not like we're going to stop you from killing yourselves, we're just going to add to the body-count.

Of course, you really don't have the right to be sanctimonious about anything while using chemical weapons.

The US is gonna blow all of their budget on new weapons anyway. Better use the old ones to blow up some idiot terrorists than to let them rot for nothing.

Wow I feel sorry for you

kopstudent89 said:
It's ok cause they are fighting the evil forces of Assad who are fighting ISIS in Syria, but US has no problem bombing civilians to fight ISIS in Iraq. They're also against the evil Islamist Iran but fully support Saudi Arabia that's even more extremist.

Yeah USA doesn't intentionally do bad things

And has the chemical weapons use been proven? Or is this 2003 all over again?

Its more than likely 2003 all over again

cannonballZ said:
Eagle367 said:

What the hell goes through your head? How can you justify the murder of innocents? You talk about war zones and collateral damage like we are not talking about humans rather inanimate or worthless objects. When things get destroyed that's collateral damage but when innocent humans die that's not. But then you forget about USA drone strikes in Pakistan which is not a war zone and the USA has no damn business being in the airfield of a sovereign nation and no one asked them to be. Then you talk about Syria as if the USA needs to be there when its clearly not the case. You say if USA does nothing then Daesh influence will spread but forget that a syrian army exists and a leader and the USA is being a thorn in its side instead of helping it fight terrorists and actively wants to kill the leader which will further destabilize Syria but USA doesn't care. They are not wanted nor needed there. The USA also supports the terrorists in Syria but calls them rebels. There are attacks by rebels which are war crimes but the USA and its media cover it up by saying Assad's government did it just like back in Iraq when the UN told the world there were no WMDs in Iraq but  USA invaded anyway without a care for truth or reality. Now look at Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan as compared to 30-40 years ago when USA hadn't even thought about attacking them.You say civilians have to die in a war but it looks like you feel nothing when each month USA kills by the thousands many civilians but are all over the web tweeting about an attack in France that killed less than a hundred people. One idiot even talked about civilians not being civilians but terrorists in disguise. So, what goes through your head? How much brainwashed are you?

Wait, I'm confused. Assad is comitting war crimes, he's killing hundreds if not thousands of innocents. And according to him, those civilians are terrorists. 

From my understanding, you would rather help Assad? An idiot, according to you. But I guess you don't care about the innocents he kills considering you call Syria "stabilized" with him in power.

See... I can make stupid assumptions and generalize too. 

Whether we bomb them or just sit by idly watching we're still letting a bunch of innocent people die. 

Maybe we should just let them be, I don't know the solution. There's no easy answer either way you look at it, many people will die. It's not that people look at them as inanimate, worthless objects. But there is no solution that results in no one dying.  

Well the USA kills thousands of innocents per month so there you go whose worse. The chemical weapons are just an accusation with no proof to back it up. Its more likely that the US backed rebels used them. Remember the false Iraqi WMD narrative. Also if the options are Assad, the rebels, USA puppet government and Daesh, I'll take Assad any day

jason1637 said:
It's okay if it happens in war.

I feel sorry that the Earth has you as one of its inhabitants

~User was moderated for this post - Ryuu96

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

Then that makes you no better than the ones who want to hang gays.  You do realize that, don't you?

Can you explain please? :/