By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo Traders Signal Switch Could Be Bigger Hit Than the Wii

It is way, way too early to be talking about Switch outselling the Wii. Sure, it has had a strong launch, but so did the Dreamcast and Wii U.

Let's see how it's selling this time next year.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It is way, way too early to be talking about Switch outselling the Wii. Sure, it has had a strong launch, but so did the Dreamcast and Wii U.

Let's see how it's selling this time next year.

N64 could also be thrown into that mix. Selling through the first 2-3 million is the easy part. 

SNES, PS2, Wii, and the PS4 all had strong launches, too.

p0isonparadise said:

But a strong launch does not guarantee strong long term sales. Switch's success is by no means in the bag, any talk of it outselling the Wii is jumping the gun at this point.

KLXVER said:
Soundwave said:

Microsoft has to start outselling Sony, and I'm not really convinced that's going to happen anytime soon. The most MS can do is make Sony sweat a bit in the US, but Europe and Japan .... not even a prayer. 

True, but they released the Pro without anyone close to them. I just found that to be a bit odd. They must have felt threatened by something.

Why? They're making money off of the Pro so why shouldn't they release it?

Around the Network
Safiir said:
KLXVER said:

True, but they released the Pro without anyone close to them. I just found that to be a bit odd. They must have felt threatened by something.

Why? They're making money off of the Pro so why shouldn't they release it?

Do you have a source for that?

curl-6 said:
p0isonparadise said:

But a strong launch does not guarantee strong long term sales. Switch's success is by no means guaranteed, any talk of it outselling the Wii is jumping the gun at this point.

I know, I was just using that logic against you. ;)

Just becasue a console has a fantastic launch doesn't mean it'll end up being a hit, but many have.

p0isonparadise said:
curl-6 said:

But a strong launch does not guarantee strong long term sales. Switch's success is by no means guaranteed, any talk of it outselling the Wii is jumping the gun at this point.

I know, I was just using that logic against you. ;)

Just becasue a console has a fantastic launch doesn't mean it'll end up being a hit, but many have.

Oh I'm not saying Switch won't be a success. It may well be. All I'm saying is I think it's far too early to be making long term projections, especially of outselling the 3rd highest selling console of all time.

It's easy to gain a lot of ground when you've lost so much recently.

NintendoPie said:
It's easy to gain a lot of ground when you've lost so much recently.

It is? Sounds like that would make it harder...