By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US launches missiles at Syrian Base following chemical attack

The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was Syria's use of banned chemical weapons that killed at least 100 people, U.S. military officials told NBC News.

Two U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea fired 59 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Ash Sha'irat in Homs province in western Syria, the officials said. That's the airfield from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons.

There was no immediate word on casualties. U.S. officials told NBC News that people were not targeted and that aircraft and infrastructure at the site were hit, including the runway and gas fuel pumps.

There was no immediate reaction from Russia, which Tillerson and Haley have accused of turning a blind eye to Syria's transgressions.

"Russia cannot escape responsibility for this," Haley said at the United Nations. "They chose to close their eyes to the barbarity. They defied the conscience of the world."

Thursday, Tillerson urged Russia to "consider carefully their continued support of the Assad regime."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636?cid=eml_nbn_20170406

Around the Network

Wonder if the chemical attacks were a false flag.

Well I dont agree with getting involved but unlike Obama he is atleast doing something in Syria then making made up redlines. 

Good news

Awesome, let bomb the only force standing in the way of ISIS taking all of Syria.

Brilliant. What ever could possibly go wrong.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Wonder if the chemical attacks were a false flag.

I might think that possible if Russia's response hadn't been exactly that of a kid stammering for a poor excuse when caught in a lie.

I don't know why or how it happened, but their explanation was ridiculous. Given Russia has never had a problem throwing conspiracies and accusations at the west, I have to think they must know that it was a Syrian ally.

LadyJasmine said:

Well I dont agree with getting involved but unlike Obama he is atleast doing something in Syria then making made up redlines. 

If you don't agree with getting involved, then shouldn't you be condeming this? Specially since it seems like he straight up bypassed congress, which he warned obama not to do back in 2013 when Assad also used chemical weapons.

Also, Isn't taking no action also an action?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Looks like Trump was controlled opposition after all, just another neocon.

Very disappointing.

Areym said:
LadyJasmine said:

If you don't agree with getting involved, then shouldn't you be condeming this? Specially since it seems like he straight up bypassed congress, which he warned obama not to do back in 2013 when Assad also used chemical weapons.

Also, Isn't taking no action also an action?

To me this is Trump doing what presidents love to do, bomb countries as they have almost unlimited checks on thier military powers...

The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was Syria's use of banned chemical weapons that killed at least 100 people, U.S. military officials told NBC News.

Is there any supporting evidence or is this WMD's all over again?