Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 27th March - 2nd April

Looking forward to Nintendo earnings release for FY16Q4, will we see switch shipments total as of March and we can deduce the amount of stock by substracting sales ( Media create ) from shipments.

Around the Network

I wonder if the 3.0 update for Yokai Watch 3 can make the game go up the charts.

Still strong numbers for 3DS and Switch, glad to see the 3DS doing well despite selling alongside with the Switch

MC and Famitsu numbers are quite different too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

think-man said:
Dreamcaster said:
Another good week for PS4! We've seen good growth year-on-year in the first quarter. Now, however, we're looking at a bit of a drought in software in the coming months, so this is where the challenge begins. It'll be a hard trek but the PS4's got a good chance of hitting 2 million in Japan 2017.

Hoping for a release date on GT Sports soon, that should push a few consoles. 

Yeah, that's true, but when do you think that'll actually release? I'm thinking that GT: Sport and DQXI are gonna land in Q4. If that's the case, then PS4 could have a rough Q2/Q3. Unless I'm missing a big realease or two?

Dreamcaster said:
think-man said:

Hoping for a release date on GT Sports soon, that should push a few consoles. 

Yeah, that's true, but when do you think that'll actually release? I'm thinking that GT: Sport and DQXI are gonna land in Q4. If that's the case, then PS4 could have a rough Q2/Q3. Unless I'm missing a big realease or two?

Not really anything too big but Final Fantasy XII HD and Tekken 7.

Around the Network

I say that now is the time to start porting older 3DS games to the Switch. Make the the directors cut/remasters but get them on the Swtich.

3DS can still have new releases, but start giving the Switch the older entries. Should not be hard, same with Wii U game ports.

I see Japan is just buying it to buy it right now as sales of games do not match the system sales. Unless they are just doing the eshop?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

think-man said:
Dreamcaster said:

Not really anything too big but Final Fantasy XII HD and Tekken 7.

When does hot shots golf release? It's also got crash trilogy,  YS8 and shadow of war although they're all small titles this summer.  

BraLoD said:

Nier is still holding really well.

Also PS4 is back above the 3DS, MH effect didn't last much

Are you blind or can't read. The N3DS LL is alone more than PS4

Warned ~ CGI

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

3DS is a beast. 6 years in and still tearing up the charts.

Quite the discrepancy in Switch sales there between Media Create and Famitsu (45k versus 36k).

I'm still amazed looking back at the 3DS launch as to what exactly Nintendo's thought process was. They were going to launch it with Nintendogs + cats .... and then have nothing for 8 months basically except some N64 3D remakes (OoT and Star Fox)?

Like that was the fucking plan? Because there was no way Mario 3D Land was coming out sooner as EAD Tokyo had just wrapped Galaxy 2, it's actually a wonder that game was able to make it for November 2011 as is. They really thought Nintendogs was going to go evergreen and those stupid AR mini-games and the 3D gimmick was going to carry the machine at $250 to record sales. They really fully deserved the ass kicking they received last generation.

With Wii U I think they actually were in the process of sobering up, and thought "well gee we better at least have Mario", but they were panicking so much about the 3DS that they had to rush NSMB2 out for it which in the process kinda cut the legs off NSMBU. And I think they wanted Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 in the post launch window, Nintendo just being Nintendo those got delayed.