By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 27th March - 2nd April

think-man said:
Dreamcaster said:

Yeah, that's true, but when do you think that'll actually release? I'm thinking that GT: Sport and DQXI are gonna land in Q4. If that's the case, then PS4 could have a rough Q2/Q3. Unless I'm missing a big realease or two?

Not really anything too big but Final Fantasy XII HD and Tekken 7.

When does hot shots golf release? It's also got crash trilogy,  YS8 and shadow of war although they're all small titles this summer.  

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Nier is still holding really well.

Also PS4 is back above the 3DS, MH effect didn't last much

Are you blind or can't read. The N3DS LL is alone more than PS4

Warned ~ CGI

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

3DS is a beast. 6 years in and still tearing up the charts.

Quite the discrepancy in Switch sales there between Media Create and Famitsu (45k versus 36k).

I'm still amazed looking back at the 3DS launch as to what exactly Nintendo's thought process was. They were going to launch it with Nintendogs + cats .... and then have nothing for 8 months basically except some N64 3D remakes (OoT and Star Fox)?

Like that was the fucking plan? Because there was no way Mario 3D Land was coming out sooner as EAD Tokyo had just wrapped Galaxy 2, it's actually a wonder that game was able to make it for November 2011 as is. They really thought Nintendogs was going to go evergreen and those stupid AR mini-games and the 3D gimmick was going to carry the machine at $250 to record sales. They really fully deserved the ass kicking they received last generation.

With Wii U I think they actually were in the process of sobering up, and thought "well gee we better at least have Mario", but they were panicking so much about the 3DS that they had to rush NSMB2 out for it which in the process kinda cut the legs off NSMBU. And I think they wanted Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 in the post launch window, Nintendo just being Nintendo those got delayed. 

All those Koei Tecmo games in the top 20, and yet they weren't the biggest flops for Koei Tecmo this week. KT also released ROTK XIII for Switch and apparently it broke a record.... selling <10% of its shipment. Quite disappointing to me, I fear similar flops may happen for other future niche 3rd party titles on Switch.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Quite the discrepancy in Switch sales there between Media Create and Famitsu (45k versus 36k).

I'm still amazed looking back at the 3DS launch as to what exactly Nintendo's thought process was. They were going to launch it with Nintendogs + cats .... and then have nothing for 8 months basically except some N64 3D remakes (OoT and Star Fox)?

Like that was the fucking plan? Because there was no way Mario 3D Land was coming out sooner as EAD Tokyo had just wrapped Galaxy 2, it's actually a wonder that game was able to make it for November 2011 as is. They really thought Nintendogs was going to go evergreen and those stupid AR mini-games and the 3D gimmick was going to carry the machine at $250 to record sales. They really fully deserved the ass kicking they received last generation.

With Wii U I think they actually were in the process of sobering up, and thought "well gee we better at least have Mario", but they were panicking so much about the 3DS that they had to rush NSMB2 out for it which in the process kinda cut the legs off NSMBU. And I think they wanted Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 in the post launch window, Nintendo just being Nintendo those got delayed. 

if i remember correctly, didnt they say that they left the 1st party lineup a bit bare so that 3rd parties could have the spotlight?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:

if i remember correctly, didnt they say that they left the 1st party lineup a bit bare so that 3rd parties could have the spotlight?

Did they bother to actually call any of the third parties and coodinate that? Because none of the "big" 3DS third party games were available in that first 8 month slog either. 

They clearly really thought Nintendogs would sell 20 million copies again and drive 3DS sales for the first several months. They probably also were looking at those Avatar box office reciepts thinking people would go crazy over the 3D effect. 

BraLoD said:
Eagle367 said:

Are you blind or can't read. The N3DS LL is alone more than PS4

First of all, and I'm holding back here, don't ever talk like that to me anymore.

Second, to tak, the guy quoting him, and now you: I didn't pay attention to the 2DS, the PS4 + PS4 Pro are above the 3DS and the bigger 3DS, which was what I looked at, the 3DS, forgot the 2DS, as Kyuu noticed, without those hate goggles.

Actually, if I want to be picky, I'm not even wrong, because the 2DS isn't called 3DS, which was what I said, but also what made me forget it, so yeah, I was wrong, I overlooked it and would have put it in the sum if I'd paid attention.

Just for my part, no hate goggles were worn. There's people on this site who'd make the the '2DS isn't a 3Ds' comment in earnest, hence the 'warped logic' comment.

To be honest I didn't pay attention to who posted the original comment. If I had seen it was you I would have assumed an honest mistake based on your post history.

Long story short, I didn't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I did.

BraLoD said:
SuperNova said:

Just for my part, no hate goggles were worn. There's people on this site who'd make the the '2DS isn't a 3Ds' comment in earnest, hence the 'warped logic' comment.

To be honest I didn't pay attention to who posted the original comment. If I had seen it was you I would have assumed an honest mistake based on your post history.

Long story short, I didn't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I did.

The hate goggles part was aimed at him.
I'm fairly sure tak was joking, and you didn't quote me, but I wanted to make sure you all knew I messed it up.

No offense taken, thanks for caring, tho xD

Ah, ok! It's all fine then! :)

Nier and Horizon still doing very strong!

Really happy to see such a good weekly number for PS4 despite being one of the worst time periods in the year!