By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes : Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio Should Be Worried About The Nintendo Switch

"The Scorpio needs to somehow be capable of 'worry," and specifically focus that on a console that no one views as actual competition." - my favorite article source, Random Forbesman.

Around the Network

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

[...]

Good points, now we need to put them in a way that Trump too can understand.

Let's see if this works:

MS, XBOne and Scorpio are the Forces of Good and Democracy

Nintendo and Switch are waging an asymmetric war on MS, XBOne and Scorpio, that is on the Forces of Good and Democracy, and they come from East too

So Nintendo and Switch must be terrorists

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I don't buy the whole argument that people want/are better off with a new experience. If you really look at what is happening with PS4 and Xbox One we can see that both are just upgrades of PS3 and Xbox 360. So people obviously like to just upgrade as they are showing through sales of both systems of which both are selling really well despite one having a large lead over the other. We'll see how Scorpio performs but I am sure Switch will perform well because it has a market that might be a tad different than Sony and Microsoft. The question is how often people are willing to upgrade their consoles? My guess is that both Sony and Microsoft are testing the market hoping people want to switch console quickly simple upgrades just as the mobile industry does.

Thanks for your bumping .

freebs2 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

List of PlayStation 4 games:

There are currently 1550
Exclusive = 100Console exclusive = 389Timed = 28Multiplatform = 784

List of Xbox One games:

There are currently 1119

Exclusive = 34

Console exclusive = 120

Multiplatform = 980

How can the Xbox One have more multiplatform games than Ps4? Considering no 3rd party game ever came to the WiiU, if Xbox One has a game the Ps4 doesn't have it should be a console exclusive by default.

Mindfuuu.....

There are 3rd party games which came to the Wii U. Lots during launch, and later still a few from Ubisoft (especially Just dance) and Activision (Skylanders). but it's not them who make the difference in multiplatform games. The List also includes games which where also on the previous gen which the PS4 didn't get and, more to the point, indie games, of which the Wii U got a truckload full. Those indies are where all the additional Multiplats come from.

And if you take away all those indie titles both on PS4 and Xbox ONE, then the 90% point of Superchunk stays true, as they make the bulk of the console exclusives and a sizable chunk of the exclusives proper.

Btw, for all those claiming that Scorpio and Switch don't compete, read the article again. He specifically states that they fight mostly over second console ownership where the first console is probably a PS4 (pro). In that regard both consoles actually have a severe competition: Do you want to buy a Scorpio for the odd exclusive the PS4 doesn't have and for a graphical upgrade or a Switch for a different experience and portability as second console? Since most have their standard game needs covered by their first console (be it Xbox ONE or PS4 (pro)), I think more would choose there the Switch for the different experience from what they have yet.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

[...]

Good points, now we need to put them in a way that Trump too can understand.

Let's see if this works:

MS, XBOne and Scorpio are the Forces of Good and Democracy

Nintendo and Switch are waging an asymmetric war on MS, XBOne and Scorpio, that is on the Forces of Good and Democracy, and they come from East too

So Nintendo and Switch must be terrorists

What the fuck : (

Bump ! Probably my thread will become true.

Can't see the Switch competing with PS4's or Xbox'x either standard the mid gen upgrades. Different market, different games, different performance level. If your buying a Switch surely most people are buying it as powerful portable with bonus low performance home console functionality. Switch surely competes more with 3DS, Vita, ios and android devices and perhaps windows tablets especially those optimised for gaming. I don't think its a stretch to say many Switch owners will also own a PC, PS4 or Xbox one.

I'm likely to buy a PS4 Pro this year and maybe a Scorpio sometime next year but I have my doubts whether I'll buy a Switch due to limited games I want, pricing and frankly low use of portable devices I have. I use the Vita quite a lot but mainly in the house using remote play. I honestly think that a decent Switch emulator might exist within this year or next and that will probably be my chosen format for playing Switch games if there are any worth playing. I really don't want to buy a Switch for a single game 'Mario Odyssey' which will then sit there unused once I'm bored of Odyssey. At least Scorpio will provide upgrades to my existing xbox one and 360 libraries as well as many amazing new titles pushing the hardware.

Scorpio surely competes with its own xbox one model and the ps4 models plus PC. Those are the options if you want a reasonably powerful gaming system with good support and decent game pricing.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Saw what ?!?!?!?!?

Most likely designed to get clicks.