By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes : Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio Should Be Worried About The Nintendo Switch

This is really hard to read. Reads like someone who heard first about gaming when he bought a Switch a week ago.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

There is some overlap between the Xbox and Nintendo userbases, notably the younger demographic. However, the Scorpio's target audience is the hardcore, power enthusiast portion of the Xbox fanbase. The author's opinion is deeply flawed.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
superchunk said:

Hard part about that question is people will cherry pick a rare month where PS4 may have gotten two games out of ten vs the year or generation where its clearly not true.

List of PlayStation 4 games:

There are currently 1550
Exclusive = 100Console exclusive = 389Timed = 28Multiplatform = 784

List of Xbox One games:

There are currently 1119

Exclusive = 34

Console exclusive = 120

Multiplatform = 980

How can the Xbox One have more multiplatform games than Ps4? Considering no 3rd party game ever came to the WiiU, if Xbox One has a game the Ps4 doesn't have it should be a console exclusive by default.

Mindfuuu.....

spurgeonryan said:
WEll I do not know about that.

But what I do know is that I cannot wait for the Scorio. Because then my managers will mark down the old X1 to 100 and I can buy one!

Can you not take one home as permanent study material to better inform the customer? No wonder sales people are so clueless :p

freebs2 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

List of PlayStation 4 games:

There are currently 1550
Exclusive = 100Console exclusive = 389Timed = 28Multiplatform = 784

List of Xbox One games:

There are currently 1119

Exclusive = 34

Console exclusive = 120

Multiplatform = 980

How can the Xbox One have more multiplatform games than Ps4? Considering no 3rd party game ever came to the WiiU, if Xbox One has a game the Ps4 doesn't have it should be a console exclusive by default.

Mindfuuu.....

Perhaps BC multiplatform games were counted?

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
freebs2 said:

Mindfuuu.....

Ah lol. Yes, this should be the awnser.

freebs2 said:
SvennoJ said:

Ah lol. Yes, this should be the awnser.

Should be, yet looking at those lists, could be 3DS, Linux, etc that makes it multiplatform, as well as inconsistencies in entries. Arcade game series is counted 4 times in XBox One, only 1 assorted entry for ps4. Some aren't released yet, others are just mentioned without a link. For example Baja: Edge of control HD, not yet released, comes out on ps4 and XB1, only mentioned for XB1. While Bailo Latino is actually multiplatform on WiiU and XBox One, they do exist!

More useful would be a shared games list vs total. Easier way to figure out the overlap. Not that easy with the different ways names are written out in those wikipedia lists and all the inaccuracies.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
superchunk said:

That data proves my point even if it is not accurate.

98%  ?

Yes, that was me exaggerating and not literal, but I have stated 90%+ often enough and do think the 94% non-exclusives in PS4 supports that, though if you get technical to my statement of games shared on those consoles only, then I the literal number (from wiki) is 88% (980/1119) for Xbox One and 52% (812/1550) for PS4. However, that is known to be inaccurate (as pointed out by others) and for PS4 it includes games no one would normally consider such as mobile ports. Regardless, I think Xbox One is within reason to my 90% claim though PS4 is not. 

But let's be real about this. This is considering ALL games ever launched or to be launched (which can change by the time they launch). That is not something people in this forum ever actually use unless we're talking about how good Switch's launch lineup is. What people generally talk about is the larger games created by 1st/2nd/3rd parties not including indie / mobile companies. I'm not about to dissect those lists to get the actual numbers in that, but I would still state we are sitting at or above 90% with those games excluded. Is this cherry picking? Probably. But I do believe that when people think of either console's library, that cherry-picked library is what is considered. Not some mobile game that was also pushed to PS4 but not Xbox One.

For Microsoft and the console's they want to make, Sony has been and always will be their biggest problem.

Simple calculation.

PS4 all releases   1754 

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/date

XB1 all releases   1213

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xboxone/date

PS4 coming soon    64

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/coming-soon/ps4/date

Xb1 coming soon   35

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/coming-soon/xboxone/date