By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How the heck did Sony manage to retake the console market again?

They changed the top management and empowered Mark Cerny.

Around the Network

The competence made big mistakes. Also, good marketing.

Jpcc86 said:
By delivering a lot of awesome games and variety.

This.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

"Usually when businesses lose their glory they never go back and redeem themselves the same way."

And this is where you messed up.

Do people still say price was the main reason? Really? Heck the Wii U had a year advantage, more games, better rated games and a lower price and that didn't save it(even though it was and still over priced imo). Heck even the XB1 had price parity and even a lower price with the amazing deals and still sold and sells less. I guess I mean everyone has their own opinions.

Me I think they had an amazing E3 and made all the right decisions. Design, consumer policies, price and even games. And continues to do so along with making very good game decisions. The XB1 has definitely improved though is a great system to own I freaking love mine....but they are shorting me when it comes to games sadly and have been for a while now. SMH.....I am hoping that changed with them at E3 this year.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Both Nintendo and MS goofed hard

This in a nutshell. THe other two fucking up gave Sony the means to find sucess upon the failure of the other two. Also a ton more marketing than the other two all year round, especially on Youtube. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Good overall powered console
Good line up of classics and new titles
Exclusives

Microsoft got too cocky much like Sony were with the Ps3 on release, telling gamers they "needed the camera" then later removing it

FromDK said:
You should include "home" in the headline..
If you only look at consoles it mean both home and portable consoles.. And then the claim is wrong..

Nintendo sold more consoles in all gens since 2005..

Wii/ds beat PS3/PSP
WiiU/3DS beat PS4/Vita

And now Nintendo has allready startet next gen (the console that will compete with ps..some) and will probelly also win the next..

If you only look at home consoles.. it's a bit to 2016.. now we have hybryds.. and so fare I know.. Nintendo had sold more Switch than PS4 since day one..

PS4/Vita will surely outsell the 3DS/WiiU. They might even do it this year already. It's also unlikely that Switch will already outsell the PS5 even though that machine will probably sell at least 80 million units.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

phinch1 said:
Good overall powered console
Good line up of classics and new titles
Exclusives

Microsoft got too cocky much like Sony were with the Ps3 on release, telling gamers they "needed the camera" then later removing it

Imaginedvl disagrees.

FromDK said:
You should include "home" in the headline..
If you only look at consoles it mean both home and portable consoles.. And then the claim is wrong..

Nintendo sold more consoles in all gens since 2005..

Wii/ds beat PS3/PSP
WiiU/3DS beat PS4/Vita

And now Nintendo has allready startet next gen (the console that will compete with ps..some) and will probelly also win the next..

If you only look at home consoles.. it's a bit to 2016.. now we have hybryds.. and so fare I know.. Nintendo had sold more Switch than PS4 since day one..

Wait....what does that last statement mean? Are you saying it has been selling more than the PS4 since it launched? Like it has been number 1(which it should be as a brand new system). Or are you saying something else?

Also the WiiU/3DS didn't "beat" the PS4/Vita they are just currently ahead by like 8 million units. So that part can still change. Just wanted to point that out. But yeah home consoles they have been doing great with the PS4 which I thought seemed obvious but I guess the title should be changed to be 100% clear.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23